2018 NFL Redesigns (19/32)

Jack Holmes

I posted an NFL concept series like this three years ago but I don't believe I ever finished it. I've been updating a few of my concepts recently though and thought I'd make it a complete series.

First up Tampa Bay and Tennessee.

TR8zxcm.png

f0m08wI.png

With Tampa Bay I just want to invite more red on to their road jerseys as well as make the alarm clock numbers look a little less like alarm clock numbers. 

I was excited when I heard Tennessee were getting new uniforms but I think they tweaked too much. They do need to modernise the shoulder yoke but Columbia blue suits them better than navy and white helmets look better than navy ones. Used a bolder number font too.

Updated list:

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots (V.2)

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

Dallas Cowboys

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Arizona Cardinals

LA Rams

San Francisco 49ers

Seattle Seahawks (V.2)

Bengals helmet is genius. I did a concept probably five years ago that was the same concept, but pieces of orange and white instead of a gradient, and now I am hitting myself. 

The gradient is perfect. That's a really, really awesome idea. 

LA Rams in gold. New city. New color. Let them pop. Love their color rush, and I hate that they want to be the Navy Colts instead. 

wzGcaEP.png

nVhAVtH.png

Retro Buffalo with a red helmet. I prefer the balance and a lot of teams are gonna have white helmets in this series, so.

Buffalo's blue jersey would look better if you made the collar blue instead of white. Also, you can make the front wordmark even smaller than the current one. But overall, I like it.

3 hours ago, Chawls said:

Why not have the stripes go all the  way up to the waist?

Partly a design quirk, partly me being too lazy to switch to an alternate pants template. But I see it as an attempt to make the series appear uniform. I want to use the half-stripe to accentuate a design like the Arizona state flag sun-ray on the Cardinals concept and the series would be a bit out of balance for me if I used a different template for one or two teams when I could use the same for all 32 teams. Same sort of reason why I don't use custom font for the names on the back. So half-stripes for all!

Here is Jacksonville!

C9kXF02.png

Cowboys. Inspired by the 2010 NBA Eastern Conference All-Star uniforms. Gradient numbers, mix of navy and royal blue. It's possible these too closely resemble the Seahawks design above -- oh well.

gWqQnmB.png

Baltimore Ravens. A hard team for me because their uniforms lack history and an identity beyond being purple. And using any other font automatically makes the uniforms look alien, especially with the current logo (and since I can't design logos from scratch, I am kind of handcuffed). Maryland state flag watermarked across the sleeves.

8EZKE67.png

Archived