49ers Throw It Back to the 94ers, Unveil Alternate Uniform

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NicDB said:

Gold jerseys are always hit or miss.  Lately, it seems like the modern materials can't facilitate a proper metallic gold, which comes off looking more like khaki.

Isn’t that amazing? We have every single piece of knowledge in world history at our fingertips, yet the Swooshies can’t figure out glossy fabric for a football jersey or pants. 

(We have every single piece of knowledge in world history at our fingertips, yet we spend our time discussing uniforms. Though that’s another issue for another day.)

51 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Isn’t that amazing? We have every single piece of knowledge in world history at our fingertips, yet the Swooshies can’t figure out glossy fabric for a football jersey or pants. 

(We have every single piece of knowledge in world history at our fingertips, yet we spend our time discussing uniforms. Though that’s another issue for another day.)

It's an aesthetic and performance decision.  I happen to love the matte fabrics and strongly feel that the 80's-90's dazzle look fabrics are very dated. 

These athletic companies spend a ton of money in R&D and I know there are a ton of reasons for the decisions that they make from a performance standpoint.  You have to give these people the benefit of the doubt.  They aren'tjust sitting in an office going, "Hey, let's change the fabric, just because."  They test extensively with pro & collegiate teams and use that feedback directly in their products.  Nike, UA, adidas...they're not going to go back to a 90's fabric just to appease a portion of fans who are stuck in those decades.

On 5/22/2018 at 1:01 PM, ChicagoOakland said:

I think we all are burying the lede here:

Someone's actual name is Al Guido.

If the NFL thing doesn't pan out, his name automatically qualifies him to be a mob informant or a shill for a labor union. 

union-rep-illinois.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yes, they do.  Google “planned obsolescence” some time.  

So no, we don’t. 

It happens on an aesthetic front from time to time, but there’s no such thing as a “trendy fabric.” Those are developed with performance and performance only in mind, whether it’s fit, stretch, durability, airflow, weight, feel, etc.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Not sure why they're waiting until the end of their State of the Franchise event to release the uniforms since by the time it ends it'll be nearly midnight on the East Coast.  Most teams that unveil uniforms do it while most media outlets are still awake to report on them.

3 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Not sure why they're waiting until the end of their State of the Franchise event to release the uniforms since by the time it ends it'll be nearly midnight on the East Coast.  Most teams that unveil uniforms do it while most media outlets are still awake to report on them.

Probably since it's not a full uniform change (just an alternate) and this is primarily for the West Coast.

Just saw it...it's an exact replica of the 1994 all white road set with three stripes......Nothing at all changed, no real modifications, with Jerry Rice also modeling it.  The link from the 94 team to the current team is of course the name, "Shanahan."

1 minute ago, The_Creek said:

Well...it's an exact replica of the 1994 road set with three stripes...

They really need to bring the three stripes back to their regular uniforms. Only took them a decade to figure out how to get that to work.

Archived