49ers Throw It Back to the 94ers, Unveil Alternate Uniform

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Germanshepherd said:

And how does he know this?

He's the director of communications for the niners. But I don't think each player on a per player basis can choose. I think it will be the players can choose has a team what to wear for game. No one sock is defined with the uniform at this time. And players that do their own thing will still be subject to a fine.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

9 minutes ago, The Golden One said:

He's the director of communications for the niners. But I don't think each player on a per player basis can choose. I think it will be the players can choose has a team what to wear for game. No one sock is defined with the uniform at this time. And players that do their own thing will still be subject to a fine.

Ah so white socks for color rush, and (we can hope) red socks for throwback games. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

9 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Ah so white socks for color rush, and (we can hope) red socks for throwback games. 

It's only going to be worn once (at least they said for one home game). Since color rush is no longer mandatory, The socks don't have to be all one color. Doesn't mean they won't choose too.  Sounds like color rush is just an excuse to have a 4th jersey for one game now.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Even though I'm a Raiders fan, I got a soft spot for the 80's/90's 49ers teams and Jerry Rice is probably my favorite NFL player ever. This uniform is fantastic.

What's even better is I assume they're probably going to wear this against the Raiders on TNF. I'm totally into this.

bSLCtu2.png

7 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

It happens on an aesthetic front from time to time, but there’s no such thing as a “trendy fabric.” Those are developed with performance and performance only in mind, whether it’s fit, stretch, durability, airflow, weight, feel, etc.

I hate to disagree with you, but manufacturers absolutely introduce new fabrics and templates to spur sales.

I don’t doubt that they’ll point to small differences in fit, stretch, durability, airflow, weight, feel, etc., but sometimes those differences are the result of wanting a new product to sell, not the reason for it. 

2 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

https://twitter.com/DanBeckler/status/999512711749779456

I think this was posted in here somewhere earlier, but he mentions that It replaces the black for the 2018 season. Those uni's possible return in future.

Makes sense - the black is still the official alternate of record for a couple more years. 

5 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

The blue unis the Packers have worn recently have technically been a throwback to 94 as they wore the yellow lids then and are forced to now. 

Not sure what you mean - the Packers’ blue alternates are throwbacks to Curly Lambeau’s classic 1938-49 unfiorm, which also had a gold helmet.  

greenbay-packer-40s.jpg

7 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Definitely not, but not sure who exactly would get credit for it. The blue unis the Packers have worn recently have technically been a throwback to 94 as they wore the yellow lids then and are forced to now. The cowboys went double star in the early 00s which being the blue base would be a throwback to 95 r 96.

But neither the Packers or Cowboys promoted the current throwbacks as paying tribute to the 90s or 2000s. Both of those are just instances of bringing back a previously worn throwback uniform. The 49ers originally wore these as a throwback to 1955, and are now promoting it as a throwback to 1994.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

I like these throwbacks a lot.  Only crummy part is the white pants, but ah well. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

49ers Throw It Back to the 94ers, Unveil Alternate Uniform

May 24, 2018 - 13:24 PM

The San Francisco 49ers unveiled their new alternate throwback uniform late last night (or extremely early this morning where I live) during their 2nd annual State of the Franchise event in San Jose. As we predicted back on Tuesday the […]

Read More...

I have absolutely no affinity for those 1994 uniforms.  So this one does not do it for me one bit.  I don't like the white pants.  I don't like how a red/gold team kinda becomes red/black (at least when they're not wearing their helmets).  I am not surprised by this, but I was hoping for something different.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I find this uniform to be overrated, and just a money grab. I can't stand shadowed numbers, and I just don't like white jerseys and white pants together. It's too drab. It is an improvement over the all-black duds, which need to be burned.

The Niners' current uniforms are much better. The only improvement in the all-white uniforms is the throwback helmet logo, which is much better than the current logo.

Archived