Newfoundland Growlers Concept

Elf Plus Productions

So last week I saw on the main page that there was going to be a new ECHL team in Newfoundland called the Growlers so I thought sure why not try it. When I logged on today I saw that the logo has already been decided but still wanted to share my idea. My dog is much more cartoonish than there logo. Also the pattern behind it is the flag of Newfoundland. Please let me know what you think and if any modifications to make it better is needed. 

b2ROgSe.png

Joe

This is much more of an illustration than it is a logo. There are just too many things going on: the flag, the stick, the bone. Simplify, simplify, simplify. 

As others have said, there are too many details going on here and too many colours. The wordmark really doesn't fit in the bone. The shape of the dog's head is also really throwing me off; he looks like he's got two big, shiny bumps on his head, and Newfoundland dogs just don't look like that. I'm not saying you can't take some artistic license, but this strays too far from what was meant to be the inspiration.

Archived