San Francisco 49ers Concept Logo

thirtyfivegold

Hello!

My first post here and of course would love to hear your thoughts. I'm slowly becoming a niners fan?? but their current logo just doesn't do it for me so I had to do something. It's just looks very dated to me. Anyways, I also played around with some wordmarks to go with it, but figured I'd get the general idea out there first to see if there was any interest.

Check it out and, please, let me know what you think!

Thanks!

sf_concept_collage_resized.jpg

This is a good start. I think that most of the thin double lines could just be replaced with a think black or gold line. I also wonder if the double pickaxes could be styled into a football shape based on how you have rendered them.

50 minutes ago, gswansea said:

This is a good start. I think that most of the thin double lines could just be replaced with a think black or gold line. I also wonder if the double pickaxes could be styled into a football shape based on how you have rendered them.

hmm, I'll try those out. Thanks!

I'm usually *really* tough on Niner concepts as they are near and dear to me, but this actually has me intrigued.  I'd like to see how the pickaxes would look with both being black or maybe even silver as that was a main color for them in the 50s.  Great start.  Can't wait to see more.

mainescarf.png

• 3 weeks later...

49ers_v3_pixels.jpg

I sharpened up the pickaxes and bent them inward a bit more, as well as made the top ends of them jut out to a peak to make it imitate a football shape like suggested. I also made them more of a silhouette so that they don't overpower the SF or make it all too busy.

I played with the colors a lot but I'm still not settled on any particular combination (illustrated by the outline inconsistency across colors). Please let me know what you think, it is very much appreciated!

Archived