Your least favorite team color combination.

verno

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Navy blue and yellow. Muck Fichigan. Although the Chargers looked good in it, so maybe I don't truly hate the combo.

In general, things without proper contrast. Black and purple is a case-by-case thing. Black and dark green or dark blue don't work. 

I would also make the case that black and red generally look better when they have a prominent tertiary color in there. Bulls can get away without it, as could the Drexler-era Blazers. 

As far as blue and red go, I generally prefer royal blue to navy. Bills do that great. Navy and red can work too (Blue Jackets), but red and royal blue just feel like they were meant to go together. At least to me.

6 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I think the Ravens would have to lose the purple before they lost the black, since ravens are actually black (with a purple sheen).

I agree with this because (as noted above) actual ravens are black and (sort of) purple.  I know teams don't have to match the color of the animal they're named after (no green eagles or blue rams), but it's a not bad thing if they do.  The colors also fit the Gothic vibe of the Poe poem.

They should never lose the purple, they own the purple in the AFC. At least make it darker than the Vikings, and add silver for contrast purposes.

4 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

First, claret and blue is awesome.  

Yes. This is why I picked AVFC a lot in the FIFA game.

On topic, brown and yellow, green and orange

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Surprised how many people dislike navy-red. Yeah, it's overused, but it's a beautiful scheme. And if red is dominant (which a poster above said he dislikes), that adds an element of uniqueness. I prefer navy-dominant, but both ways are great when used well imo.

Green and red, followed closely by royal blue and yellow. The first combo because of a lack of contrast, and the 2nd combo due to its association with my childhood.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

2 hours ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

Gray and Yellow. I used to like the Cavs' city jerseys but now that I think about it the colors should be gray and wine red.

Or the Cavs should just wear their actual colors. They don't currently wear a yellow or a blue jersey, correct?

8 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

As for the Christmas colors (good point, whoever mentioned that we don't criticize black/orange for Halloween).  I like the basic Devils scheme best, as well.  The Wild scheme has always been good to me, but I think their reduced use of gold in favor of wheat has been a very big positive for the Wild.  

I liked the Devils' old uniforms, but I think the original Bucks uniforms got it right:

57baf5314d9a301e4bfe538664c8e919--sports

Forest green and white, red accents, overall a simple design so as not to distract from what's already an unorthodox color scheme (see also: original Sharks, sort of the original Hornets)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

20 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

I don't like red and yellow. Ketchup and mustard comparison aside, it's just a garish color scheme, imo. Both colors are too bright to work well together.

Do you mean a true, fire-engine red?  Or just all red.

Because USC looks pretty solid with their crimson tone.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Just now, pianoknight said:

Do you mean a true, fire-engine red?  Or just all red.

Because USC looks pretty solid with their crimson tone.

Yeah fire engine red and yellow, like the KC Chiefs and Calgary Flames. I don't like that color scheme.

USC looks good. I do like burgundy/maroon/garnet with yellow, just not bright red and yellow

12 hours ago, quantum said:

Green and red, followed closely by royal blue and yellow. The first combo because of a lack of contrast, and the 2nd combo due to its association with my childhood.

So you're telling me you don't like this?

Image result for sabres winter classic jersey

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The Bucks current colour scheme of Green, Tan & Black..... oh, and the small smidgen of Blue. Nice colours om their own, but the way they use them is bland and boring. The Hawks Red, Black & Highlighter Yellow also bugs me. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I discussed purple and black.  But I actually think that Kings uniform does better with it than most.  The silver should touch the purple on the sleeve stripes but otherwise it does a good job of keeping the black and purple separate.  I don't really like that uniform but the purple (ugh) pops more on it than on most others.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived