Pittsburgh Steelers Unveil 1979 Throwback Uniform

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, scraw28 said:

Ahhh, yes !

Although I could take the block numbers as a Steeler alternate jersey, full time, no way!

On 5/19/2018 at 1:22 AM, DouglasQuaid said:

Thats my favorite font the jags have had. It looked great on their OG uniforms.

mark-brunell-01881818-getty-ftrjpg_ncorm

I like the second-generation font much better. It fit both the sleekness of a team named after a big cat, and the modern look of a 90s franchise.

Brunell_Mark5_Jaguars.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

5 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

I like the second-generation font much better. It fit both the sleekness of a team named after a big cat, and the modern look of a 90s franchise.

Brunell_Mark5_Jaguars.jpg

Agreed. That's the best they've ever looked and they've regressed in every change since then. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

THE thing I don’t get is if you’re going to cut out Little notches inside the numbers, why not just make them round? 

I always thought block numbers came to be vecause (for the most part) you could take a squared-off 8 as a template, and just snip the corners and insides as necessary to create any “round” number (ie not 1, 4, 7). Having the notches (and slanted 2, and Champion 7) defeats the whole purpose, so just make them round. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 5/18/2018 at 1:38 PM, Gothamite said:

Yeah, well, I think that ship has sailed.

I've also long been advocating that the Packers move their sleeve stripes to undershirts, so we can have the full range back again, but that doesn't look likely either.

4c7f0c0992a8f.image.jpg

Using this photo as an example, the cuffs of this jersey are made of a jersey-like material (as opposed to the rib-knit material like the Packers' collars), so a similar material (bit more stretchy and "compression-like" could be substituted for the cuff, but it could be much longer and more "Sleeve-like"..

I honestly think this is the direction jerseys will head in the next few years anyway.. Anything that Nike can market as "new" with some Nike-speak regarding performance benefits, etc..

22 minutes ago, bwburke94 said:

Returning to the subject of the Steelers for a moment, they could use the yellow-block numbers with the current helmets, as previously seen over a half-century ago:

1965_Pittsburgh.png

Unpopular opinions: I like white pants for the steelers.

I like it better than yellow from a purely visual point, but know that the steelers need yellow pants to be the steelers

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

21 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I like it better than yellow from a purely visual point, but know that the steelers need yellow pants to be the steelers

I think the white pants look great with gold numbers. Conversely, the gold pants work best with white numbers. It’s one or the other for me.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I think the white pants look great with gold numbers. Conversely, the gold pants work best with white numbers. It’s one or the other for me.

It never even crossed me mine to think about that, but I agree

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 5/21/2018 at 7:03 PM, DiePerske said:

I don't hate it, either... I've had this image on my desktop for a month now - there's something visually intimidating about the darkness of this photo:

1.jpg?screen

On 5/21/2018 at 6:40 PM, bwburke94 said:

Returning to the subject of the Steelers for a moment, they could use the yellow-block numbers with the current helmets, as previously seen over a half-century ago:

1965_Pittsburgh.png

Yes, but i dont see that being too different from what they used a few years ago (below) and their color rush jersey (not pants)....I feel like they'd want to market something different.

nfl_image_21200.jpg

4 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I don't hate it, either... I've had this image on my desktop for a month now - there's something visually intimidating about the darkness of this photo:

1.jpg?screen

Its those Kansas City Chiefs that make it look so initimidating

3 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Yes, but i dont see that being too different from what they used a few years ago (below) and their color rush jersey (not pants)....I feel like they'd want to market something different.

nfl_image_21200.jpg

The 1965 set is the exact uniform, just with a black helmet.  That wouldn't do much to sell more jerseys.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

The 1965 set is the exact uniform, just with a black helmet.  That wouldn't do much to sell more jerseys.

Perhaps, for once, selling more jerseys isn't the reason. I admit it's a long shot, but the only reasonable options for a black jersey are this or Batman.

13 hours ago, C-Squared said:

1.jpg?screen

Whoa - I never knew they wore white pants with that set.  That's a great photo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Whoa - I never knew they wore white pants with that set.  That's a great photo.

I didn't know this either. They apparently wore white pants on the road in 1970 and 1971 only.

miapit.jpg

football-pittsburgh-steelers-dave-smith-

1d4d420aa5343af6ff853a25797d3a1f--school

bSLCtu2.png

22 hours ago, C-Squared said:

1.jpg?screen

Looks like it could have been painted by Alex Ross:

h9r5fpxy8m6pf8a3q4h9.png

Archived