Pittsburgh Steelers Unveil 1979 Throwback Uniform

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, HooperScooper said:

Why the italic font looks great. The original block font is too plain to me

Honored you would take your very first post to tell me I'm wrong, even though we all know I never am.

6uXNWAo.png

14 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Honored you would take your very first post to tell me I'm wrong, even though we all know I never am.

Re-read the post. I said it is too plain FOR ME. 'I' think the italic font looks better TO ME. Maybe you think block looks better but imo it looks generic

44 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Let’s complete the circle and have the Steelers create an alternate based off of this!

apex5.jpeg

I love that uniform...and I think Iowa brought it back several years ago as an alt (IIRC), but it just wasn't the same. (edit: can't find a picture of recent use, maybe I'm wrong).

The shoulders are close to the Steelers bumblebee alts.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

When they made the change, they changed the wrong way:  instead of taking the Fuji font they'd been using for the helmets and using them for the jerseys, they should've put varsity-style numbers on the helmets.

The Fuji font on the Steelers jerseys doesn't look distinctive.  It looks idiotic, and it flies in the fact of the best era that franchise ever had.  Ditch it, go back to the varsity full time, and to hell with anyone to says otherwise.

/get off my lawn

nav-logo.png

Archived