Another sci-fi/alien baseball team!

The Great Falls Voyagers of the Pioneer League.  White Sox affiliate.  Good branding, but I'm not a fan of the red/green combo. 

There are a lot more of these teams than I thought.  I still like my idea of a futuristic/sci-fi movie theme team

Secondary_Mark_A_Full_Color_Copy_7xopcaf

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

2 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

Yup that's an alien-based team alright...for 10 years or so

Even by the standards of minor league baseball, the Pioneer League is pretty obscure.  No need to be a jerk about it.

5 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Even by the standards of minor league baseball, the Pioneer League is pretty obscure.  No need to be a jerk about it.

and an entire topic of observing that the team exists for the sake of having a topic about the team existing is necessary because.........?

54 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The Great Falls Voyagers of the Pioneer League.  White Sox affiliate.  Good branding, but I'm not a fan of the red/green combo. 

There are a lot more of these teams than I thought.  I still like my idea of a futuristic/sci-fi movie theme team

Secondary_Mark_A_Full_Color_Copy_7xopcaf

One of my favorite identities in MiLB, though I wish they emphasized the alien on the uniforms a little more.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Pharos04 said:

and an entire topic of observing that the team exists for the sake of having a topic about the team existing is necessary because.........?

Because someone wanted to talk about it? And it seems to be cultivating a broader discussion about alien-themed identities, which is something that I'm sure interests enough of us.

54 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

One of my favorite identities in MiLB, though I wish they emphasized the alien on the uniforms a little more.

Same. Perhaps even my favorite in all of MiLB.

Replacing red with an "electric" color like blaze orange, volt yellow, or electric blue would go a long way here.

That's fantastic.  The only thing that irks me is how the V is behind the rest of the word.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

36 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Same. Perhaps even my favorite in all of MiLB.

Replacing red with an "electric" color like blaze orange, volt yellow, or electric blue would go a long way here.

YES!  

So are there any other alien/sci-fi teams?  I only know of the 51's and Roswell Invaders.

An alien/sci-fi football team could have an awesome uniform and helmet design.

I've also envisioned the inside of a stadium having the look of Disney's Tomorrowland or the inside of Space Mountain.  Like the inside of a spaceship.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

This isn't alien themed per se, but definitely midcentury futurist.

Its from an alt history project I'm working on where the Dodgers got their domed stadium on Flatbush Ave, and thus never moved to LA.

This allowed the PCL to become the third major league, which meant upgrades to their facilities were necessary. The 1962 World's Fair, aka the Century 21 Exposition took place in Seattle. One of the pavilions from the expo became the Key Arena, but in this universe, it became an Astrodome/Kingdome-like facility known as the SeaDome. Upon taking root in the facility the following year, the Seattle Rainiers rebranded as the Seattle Century 21s.

Century21s_hat_zpsqfg189n8.png

centurys_home1_zpsqwbfvcsw.png

I'll post the full concept in the fan fiction concept when I'm done.

17 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

YES!  

So are there any other alien/sci-fi teams?  I only know of the 51's and Roswell Invaders.

An alien/sci-fi football team could have an awesome uniform and helmet design.

I've also envisioned the inside of a stadium having the look of Disney's Tomorrowland or the inside of Space Mountain.  Like the inside of a spaceship.

Guess the Roswell Destroyers from the WFA would qualify (current logo below)?  I was in talks with them for a while over my concept designs for their team when they were looking for a new logo but they decided to go in a different direction.

Image result for roswell destroyers logo

Image result for roswell destroyers

Archived