2018 CFL Uniforms

Chewbacca

I thought I'd put this thread together. I think we will see something new this year now that it has been a couple years since the Adidas CFL uniform change. If there's another thread like this, feel free to take this one down.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny timing for this thread, Chewbacca! The Alouettes posted this today for the helmets they're wearing this season:

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/2018/05/31/your-alouettes-are-making-moves/

If I understand this properly, the team is going to have blank white helmets for their pre-season games and then start the opener, June 16, with retro red wings on the white helmets.

It's not clear if they are wearing different helmet logos for June, July, August, and September since Boulay said those months are for different logos (whatever that means). I hope it culminates in new logos for October since they need an upgrade with the current one.

4 hours ago, G-tron said:

Funny timing for this thread, Chewbacca! The Alouettes posted this today for the helmets they're wearing this season:

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/2018/05/31/your-alouettes-are-making-moves/

If I understand this properly, the team is going to have blank white helmets for their pre-season games and then start the opener, June 16, with retro red wings on the white helmets.

It's not clear if they are wearing different helmet logos for June, July, August, and September since Boulay said those months are for different logos (whatever that means). I hope it culminates in new logos for October since they need an upgrade with the current one.

So they're going the college route? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

rdVyEQC.png

Notice that they did not use the current version of the logo with the bird in it. I like this version much better, and would love for it to become a new primary.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

8 hours ago, appleclock said:

The tramp stamp is the least of their problems... I can’t stand their helmets or their uniforms.

To me, BC's uniforms fall into the same category of consistency as the New York Giants in that the Giants have one jersey completely void of red and the other completely void of blue. BC has one uniform with black and orange with no white and the other is white and orange with no black.

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

To me, BC's uniforms fall into the same category of consistency as the New York Giants in that the Giants have one jersey completely void of red and the other completely void of blue. BC has one uniform with black and orange with no white and the other is white and orange with no black.

Until they inexplicably do this

11971879-1600x1146.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1 hour ago, nash61 said:

Until they inexplicably do this

11971879-1600x1146.jpg

The helmet by itself looks great. Not so much when paired with that jersey and pants.

I'm actually wondering what the inverse of that helmet looks like. Black shell, orange logo, white facemask.

26 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

The Lions current look is fine conceptually it just needs some tweaks. A little bit of white at home and Black on the road, plus changing the helmet logos is all you need to create a much more solid and cohesive look.

I don't think white is needed on the home set.  I would change the helmets on both and get rid of the tramp stamp logo.  I agree that the road does need more black, though.

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The helmet by itself looks great. Not so much when paired with that jersey and pants.

I'm actually wondering what the inverse of that helmet looks like. Black shell, orange logo, white facemask.

Nah.  The BC Lions have been a visual trainwreck ever since I first became aware of the CFL back in the mid-1970's.

nav-logo.png

m1tMezo.jpgLooks like BC and Calgary went color-on-color tonight (preseason). If I’m keeping track correctly, Saskatchewan wore green last week and Winnipeg wore blue tonight. Teams usually only wear one set of jerseys in the preseason so BC vs Winnipeg and Calgary vs Saskatchewan next week could both be color on color as well.

7 hours ago, appleclock said:

Looks like BC and Calgary went color-on-color tonight (preseason). If I’m keeping track correctly, Saskatchewan wore green last week and Winnipeg wore blue tonight. Teams usually only wear one set of jerseys in the preseason so BC vs Winnipeg and Calgary vs Saskatchewan next week could both be color on color as well.

I was so surprised these two wore colour on colour for the reasons you mentioned. This one didn't have to because next week's match ups would have. I'm glad they did, it looks ridiculous, but who cares, it's pre-season! 

Another note: the Lions are wearing orange socks here when they previously wore these uniforms with black socks. I like it, it brightens it up more.

19163250.jpg

26 minutes ago, G-tron said:

I was so surprised these two wore colour on colour for the reasons you mentioned. This one didn't have to because next week's match ups would have. I'm glad they did, it looks ridiculous, but who cares, it's pre-season! 

Another note: the Lions are wearing orange socks here when they previously wore these uniforms with black socks. I like it, it brightens it up more.

19163250.jpg

It's a real shame when Calgary is the better looking team. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, walkerws said:

Hamilton looks incomplete without pant and helmet stripes,  in my opinion 

2018-06-02_11-59-36

That, and the stripes need to be taller and reduced to three (yellow/black/yellow) and the sleeve logo needs to be enlarged to the earlier Reebok jerseys.

19 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

Nah.  The BC Lions have been a visual trainwreck ever since I first became aware of the CFL back in the mid-1970's.

Actually, their 1978-89 uniforms were the best they've ever looked.

UBwef0L.png

Archived