Chewbacca

2018 CFL Uniforms

1 hour ago, philcar1994 said:

Montreal's helmet from last night

28985664618_daa74e5752_z.jpg

42858205261_8bd9375943_z.jpg

These would be fine if they didn't clash with the rest of the uniform. 

8 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Watched a bit of Lions-Als last night and holy cow BC is one of the worst-dressed teams in North American sports. 

What exactly is wrong with them except for the tramp stamp logo.  While I prefer the actual team logo on the helmet, they are passable.  I'm not as excited about their road jerseys though.

As far as the Als are concern, I know that it's probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I don't like the helmets they wore and not because they clash with the jerseys.  

Hamilton should always be wearing yellow pants with a single thick black stripe.  No white or black and certainly no numbers on them.  It looked too out of place.

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

These would be fine if they didn't clash with the rest of the uniform. 

I don't think they clash with the rest of the uniform. I think they fit in pretty well

fbo-cfl-alouettes-lions-20180616.jpg?qua

I think if the helmet became permanent, the only change I'd make is the wings(?) match the pants striping. Just add a white outline and blue line and call it a day.

1 hour ago, M4One said:

What exactly is wrong with them except for the tramp stamp logo.  While I prefer the actual team logo on the helmet, they are passable.  I'm not as excited about their road jerseys though.

The design is gross, made worse by the adidas template, and the lack of white makes them seem dark and dreary. Lacks contrast. The helmet logo is derivative. And I’m not sure what the pants “stripe” is trying to do. 

3 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The design is gross, made worse by the adidas template, and the lack of white makes them seem dark and dreary. Lacks contrast. The helmet logo is derivative. And I’m not sure what the pants “stripe” is trying to do. 

I actually like that there is no white.  Gives a dark and menacing look, which I guess is what they were after.  Agree with the helmet, but I think they are far from one of the worst dressed, even with the Adidas template.  Could have been worse.  

8 hours ago, philcar1994 said:

Montreal's helmet from last night

28985664618_daa74e5752_z.jpg

42858205261_8bd9375943_z.jpg

42858205021_a11636149f_z.jpg

I absolutely loved these. I think Montreal has one of the most boring looks, and these gave them a much more aesthetically pleasing look. 

Montreal is certainly due for a change. The current campaign looks like a sort of test. I would absolutely love they go the delta logo way (1974) or event the 1949 wings like this, tbu hey, we'll see.

NVM -- just noticed the other thread on this.

It was just announced that Adidas will NOT be the CFL's uni supplier in 2019. Lots of speculation about a return to Nike, or maybe Under Armour, but whatever company does it I assume we will see another across-the-board redesign.

3 hours ago, paulwoods13 said:

NVM -- just noticed the other thread on this.

It was just announced that Adidas will NOT be the CFL's uni supplier in 2019. Lots of speculation about a return to Nike, or maybe Under Armour, but whatever company does it I assume we will see another across-the-board redesign.

Nike wasn't a supplier for the CFL. Starter, Puma and then Reebok did provide uniforms though. I think everyone feels it's between Nike and Under Armour if it's even a two horse race. 

Anyone know if the Alouettes are celebrating an anniversary or something this year?  Why exactly did they wear those helmets?  And this logo is the one the CFL website is using for them, as well as Montreal's own team site.

k3N_8PZ__400x400.jpg

3 hours ago, M4One said:

Anyone know if the Alouettes are celebrating an anniversary or something this year?  Why exactly did they wear those helmets?  And this logo is the one the CFL website is using for them, as well as Montreal's own team site.

k3N_8PZ__400x400.jpg

I think they're celebrating their team history and this looks like it could be a place holder for a new logo. That's my best guess.

On 6/17/2018 at 6:26 PM, DNAsports said:

I don't think they clash with the rest of the uniform. I think they fit in pretty well

I think if the helmet became permanent, the only change I'd make is the wings(?) match the pants striping. Just add a white outline and blue line and call it a day.

I think the pant stripe would need to be a standard stripe rather than the current striping. If the swapped the yoke and shoulder stripe colors it would look even better.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the pant stripe would need to be a standard stripe rather than the current striping. If the swapped the yoke and shoulder stripe colors it would look even better.

I'd also change the red on the jersey to be a true sleeve cap, like the NY Jets, rather than sleeve/armpit caps. It looks much cleaner.

R4WjWqP.png

4 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

I'd also change the red on the jersey to be a true sleeve cap, like the NY Jets, rather than sleeve/armpit caps. It looks much cleaner.

R4WjWqP.png

Image result for montreal alouettes

Image result for montreal alouettes

I think the armpit thing depends on how each player wants their jersey cut. Those sleeve cuffs are pretty big too, look at 46 and 85. 

22 hours ago, M4One said:

k3N_8PZ__400x400.jpg

rdVyEQC.png 

I don't know if it's a particular anniversary that that are celebrating but they are wearing a number of different helmets this year. This picture was posted on page one by @nash61 showing simplified versions of the different logos that correspond to the different helmets. I suspect that they will use those simplified logos to indicate which helmet they are wearing.  

On 6/17/2018 at 4:26 PM, DNAsports said:

I'd actually make the pant stripe either a solid blue OR a solid red. Less is more. 

6 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I'd actually make the pant stripe either a solid blue OR a solid red. Less is more. 

If you keep it in that shape, definitely it would work better. 

26 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I think a red/blue pants stripe could do the trick

On 6/17/2018 at 5:47 PM, BJ Sands said:

On 6/17/2018 at 5:53 PM, M4One said:

I actually like that there is no white.  Gives a dark and menacing look, which I guess is what they were after.  Agree with the helmet, but I think they are far from one of the worst dressed, even with the Adidas template.  Could have been worse.  

The Lions could very easily go from a horrible look to a great look by going back in time like Winnipeg. Over81SI.JPG_cf.jpg.898d76bb7d29216d777d394ac9317836.jpg