2018 CFL Uniforms

Chewbacca

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Shawn Lemon has now been on the roster of 7 out of 9 current teams. Has there been a player who has played for all teams?

Kevin Glenn signed with the Edmonton Eskimos this year, making it 9 for 9, though he didn't actually play for the Redblacks.  He was picked in the expansion draft, but was traded before playing a game.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/29/2018 at 2:41 PM, G-tron said:

37947329_10161163747100455_1432988256030

I was reading the Alouettes' 2018 Media Guide and this was listed in their uniform history. The helmets here show all of the past logos in red. It's a HUGE missed opportunity if their delta logo is in all red as opposed to red and blue. I guess we'll find out shortly since August is right around the corner.

Reference: https://en.montrealalouettes.com/media-guide/ (page 122 of 2018 Guide)

If I've learned one thing from this site about football uniforms, is to never get your hopes up.

It's Me

Delta logo is confirmed to be all red.

a00nPfz.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

A better look at the Helmet with stripe:

The helmet looks much better with the stripe than without.

I was looking at game footage on YouTube going back to 1997 and from what I saw they had the helmet stripe from '97 to 2002, no stripe in 2003 or 2004, the stripe returned for 2005-11, no stripe from 2012 to last week, and now it's back for today.

18 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Unless I'm delusional, it's seems as though CFL teams struggle to find a solid identity and go through constant changes.

Every time they've changed clothing suppliers they've had a major rebrand. That's part of the problem.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, dont care said:

No they are wearing different logos through out their history this year

Yeah, but I thought that meant they were going to go back to their regular helmet logo rather than this very simplified, de-birded, uni-colour version.  After this year, are they going to keep it as their regular look, or go back once again to the logo they had last year?

tigercatssignature-1.png

19 minutes ago, Evil Doctor said:

Yeah, but I thought that meant they were going to go back to their regular helmet logo rather than this very simplified, de-birded, uni-colour version.  After this year, are they going to keep it as their regular look, or go back once again to the logo they had last year?

Maybe a rebrand? Adidas is done with the CFL after this season so it would be a good time to do one if the Als are allowed.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:05 PM, DNAsports said:

Unless I'm delusional, it's seems as though CFL teams struggle to find a solid identity and go through constant changes.

For a while most teams stuck with one look for 10+ years with small changes, Saskatchewan, Ottawa, Edmonton, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal, and Calgary all had a look that lasted 10+ years. With Reebok then Adidas it does seem like there is constant change. 

zyyMk1d.png

Archived