2018 CFL Uniforms

Chewbacca

15 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Ottawa hasn’t even existed for 10 years.

He means the Rough Riders

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/9/2018 at 4:28 AM, M4One said:

One week later, Hamilton is back to having no stripe on their helmets.

Such a mistake. I was so happy the stripe was back. I'm hoping at least home uniforms will have it.

On another note, the Alouettes showed off their September design. If the Media Guide is any true indicator, they'll go back to the fully coloured version of this logo in October and beyond.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:31 PM, clonewars2008 said:

The Rough Riders had the same look for about 25 years minus some small changes. 

And then they got Alzheimer's, so for no apparent reason they changed to a dumb looking flaming Double R with silver road jerseys...then actually came up with a nice looking lumberjack, but decided to replace black with blue, add gold and play Niner dressup for some reason, before coming to their senses just as they reached death's door.  That, when the time came to pick at the carcass of the Las Vegas Posse, a fella the Riders picked turned out to be a bit too dead to report...morbidly appropriate.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I do believe if Nike does pick up the CFL uniform contract for 2019 and beyond, I think we'll see TV numbers make a return on all jerseys. And maybe some looks that may stick for a long while. But I'm not holding my breath..... Scratch that. I wish New Era well in their first foray into uniform manufacturing.

http://gamewornfootballjersey.com/las-vegas-posse.html - Also, Re: The Las Vegas Posse: It seems like according to this page, the nameplate fonts were all over the map.

UBwef0L.png

On 9/12/2018 at 6:05 AM, johnnysama said:

I do believe if Nike does pick up the CFL uniform contract for 2019 and beyond, I think we'll see TV numbers make a return on all jerseys. And maybe some looks that may stick for a long while. But I'm not holding my breath..... Scratch that. I wish New Era well in their first foray into uniform manufacturing.

http://gamewornfootballjersey.com/las-vegas-posse.html - Also, Re: The Las Vegas Posse: It seems like according to this page, the nameplate fonts were all over the map.

Ohio State had issues coming up with one nameplate font up until Nike took over. I think Buffalo had those issues as well during their four trips to the Super Bowl.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Watching Calgary and Hamilton today, and I'm reminded how helmets in the CFL drive me crazy with 4 of 9 teams wearing black.  Although it would be unheard of when franchises are individually owned, I actually think the league should mandate a specific colour helmet per team.  Even when the team is added in the Maritimes, can't it be this simple for lids:

BC Lions - orange

Calgary - red

Edmonton - yellow

Saskatchewan - green

Winnipeg - gold

Toronto - blue

Ottawa - white

Hamilton - black

Montreal - silver

Halifax (?) - purple

Pretty easy to draw up the jersey colours too so that things are unique.  Unlike when leagues merged to end up with two Riders, it is very avoidable in this day and age to not have teams like Ottawa and Calgary looking so similar.

1 hour ago, M4One said:

Lions look better with a white helmet, as do the Alouettes, though a silver helmet could work for them.  How does a team called the Redblacks not have a black helmet, though?

They do, they tend to do a clash with helmets as well as jerseys and pants.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They do, they tend to do a clash with helmets as well as jerseys and pants.

I know they have a black helmet, but the post above me suggested the Redblacks go with a white helmet if every team were to have a different coloured helmet.  I guess I should have quoted him in my post.  

On 9/15/2018 at 5:44 PM, Scooter G said:

Ottawa - white

No! The white helmet looks terrible and I am glad the team got rid of it. Calgary can stop using their black helmet now, that would be great. Ottawa also minus the hick up in the 90's always had a Black helmet so lets keep it that way.  

zyyMk1d.png

Calgary is really the reason that the problem of similar looking teams exists in the first place.  I am with you that white is not Ottawa's best helmet, but it would be nice if them and the Ti-Cats could have different lids from each other.  Anyone willing to buy into plaid for the RedBlacks?!?  Whoever designed Jacksonville's previous set surely would think it is a good idea!  LOL   As for Ottawa and white, I suggested that one: a - because they have worn it recently; and b - because they were a team that was all over the all-white pants and top in the 80's, so it would suit that history.

Archived