2018 CFL Uniforms

Chewbacca

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Scooter G said:

Calgary is really the reason that the problem of similar looking teams exists in the first place.  I am with you that white is not Ottawa's best helmet, but it would be nice if them and the Ti-Cats could have different lids from each other.  Anyone willing to buy into plaid for the RedBlacks?!?  Whoever designed Jacksonville's previous set surely would think it is a good idea!  LOL   As for Ottawa and white, I suggested that one: a - because they have worn it recently; and b - because they were a team that was all over the all-white pants and top in the 80's, so it would suit that history.

Only as a striping pattern, not as the entire helmet. Maybe they could go the old Rutgers route with the scarred up steel design? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Calgary posted a new uniform combination; outlaw helmet with red jerseys, red pants, and black socks. They're the only CFL team that actually posts their uniform combinations ahead of time, as far as I know. If they continue to wear black helmets for away games, they will have worn their red helmets a maximum of six times out of 18 games. Echoing most comments here, that's a step in the wrong direction.

2 hours ago, G-tron said:

Calgary posted a new uniform combination; outlaw helmet with red jerseys, red pants, and black socks. They're the only CFL team that actually posts their uniform combinations ahead of time, as far as I know. If they continue to wear black helmets for away games, they will have worn their red helmets a maximum of six times out of 18 games. Echoing most comments here, that's a step in the wrong direction.

If they're bringing it back by popular demand...then I motion for an electoral college to be established on the matter in the future. 

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

On 9/18/2018 at 9:08 PM, Scooter G said:

Calgary is really the reason that the problem of similar looking teams exists in the first place.  I am with you that white is not Ottawa's best helmet, but it would be nice if them and the Ti-Cats could have different lids from each other.  Anyone willing to buy into plaid for the RedBlacks?!?  Whoever designed Jacksonville's previous set surely would think it is a good idea!  LOL   As for Ottawa and white, I suggested that one: a - because they have worn it recently; and b - because they were a team that was all over the all-white pants and top in the 80's, so it would suit that history.

They were suppose to have a plaid helmet to go along with their plaid alternate jersey, but I don't think they ever actually worn them.  Probably for good reasons as it was hideous.

img_0911.jpg

23 minutes ago, M4One said:

They were suppose to have a plaid helmet to go along with their plaid alternate jersey, but I don't think they ever actually worn them.  Probably for good reasons as it was hideous.

img_0911.jpg

The plaid helmet was a bit out there...but a plaid center stripe would look nice.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

• 2 weeks later...

The Montreal Alouettes wore white helmets with their alternate uniforms today (navy blue numerals on the left side of the helmet). I actually thought it was a pretty good look since it complemented the white socks well.

DoXEtGUUwAAp3Od.jpg

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, walby2 said:

For some reason the Riders always love wearing the retros vs. Winnipeg. As a Bomber fan it feels like it's the only uniform we ever see when Winnipeg is at Mosaic.

Well, the reason is that they wear them for the Labour Day Classic every year and Winnipeg plays in that game every year. Since returning to the West division, Winnipeg has played in Regina twice in a regular season on two occasions, in 2015 and 2017, and Saskatchewan has worn their regular uniforms.

2015:

Image result for 2015 saskatchewan roughriders winnipeg

2017:

Image result for 2017 saskatchewan roughriders winnipeg

2 hours ago, walby2 said:

For some reason the Riders always love wearing the retros vs. Winnipeg. As a Bomber fan it feels like it's the only uniform we ever see when Winnipeg is at Mosaic.

They should love wearing them against every team. Far and away their best look since they dropped the wrap around logo on the helmet 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

7 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

The outlaw helmet isn't even worth taking a dump in...

Disagree. That's actually exactly what it's worth is. 🤣

Kidding aside, Calgary has to go with the red helmet/jersey, right? 2 (mostly) black helmets and teams that wear black/white with a bit of red as their colours is going to get a little too similar. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

25 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

Disagree. That's actually exactly what it's worth is. 🤣

Kidding aside, Calgary has to go with the red helmet/jersey, right? 2 (mostly) black helmets and teams that wear black/white with a bit of red as their colours is going to get a little too similar. 

I just wish they'd wear game patches again. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Calgary should go all red, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go with the Outlaw look like they did for the west final. 

I'm not the biggest CFL fan out there, but seeing the Outlaw jersey made me realize the horrible Adidas collar for the NHL is borrowed from the CFL jerseys.

Archived