Florida Marlins-style Logo for the Miami Marlins

WavePunter

It came up the other day, so I figured I'd post my rough concept of a "Florida Marlins" themed logo for the Miami Marlins.. 

Their batting practice M-cap logo is wonky, unbalanced, and features a more poorly drawn marlin, as well as outlines that don't contrast enough with the marlin itself, unlike the F-cap, which has none of these issues.. So I took the F-cap logo and used it to create this M-logo in paint, so forgive the roughness..

pOVCO5R.png

2 hours ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

I would drop the slightly to get more of the Marlin head inside the image

It was a delicate balance to achieve 3 main goals.

1: keep a decent line weight in the M

2: keep the M from being too wide and affecting the L/R balance too much 

3: extend the M far enough down to actually look like an M

As it stands, I feel like I did a pretty decent job at achieving these goals, but I know it's probably not perfect, and I'd like to see a bit more of the front-end of the marlin there as well.. I'm doing this in paint though, so adjustments are more in-depth, and require completely redoing a lot of the logo.. So, I'll try to adjust it a bit, but no promises 

• 5 months later...

this is another one Ive been meaning to post for a while. You did a really good job on this! you did a nice job blending the Marlin with the old school M... Why Jeter and the gang dont go back to that fantastic looking teal and just incorperate the M and miami into the design is beyond me? Once again, nice work!