Possible leaked Blue Jackets prototype

habsfan1

45 minutes ago, Ark said:

Reminds me of

4c5e5ee78a07c6af90a8a2fd3035c154.jpg

If i'm not mistaken, the original Pro Player Authentic style of these jerseys did have a similar sublimation, but it was horizontal. You can kind of see it below. These jerseys were used at press conferences, etc. but never saw the ice. The stripes never transferred to CCM/KOHO jerseys when they took over the NHL during the Jackets first season of play. As for the jersey shown, I'm glad they didn't go with that, but I don't hate it as a 90s 3rd jersey. Wouldn't have stood up over time in my option. Finally, interesting that Drew Beldsoe's hand warmer appears to be an old Patriot Pat model they just put the new logo over based on the stripes going on there.

tProPlayer%202000%20Road%20Jersey%20Front

SEAsig.png

Somebody forward this to Columbus and tell them to use as an alternate jersey with the current logos, of course.  For a regular set, the stripes going along the chest might be a little much, but it's actually not too bad.

The effect of horizontal stripes is far more subtle than the Patriots or that concept jersey but they definitely had horizontal stripes on their jerseys. Just do a google image search for game worn ones. I have a blank CCM white replica from back then and you can see it even in the white.

1zgyd8w.jpg

22 hours ago, Cujo said:

LjtC8wx.gif

That's a great gif. But I think that CBJ jersey is actually nice looking, even though it has some unconventional elements.

A Buffaslug in the frame would be fitting.

It's an interesting uniform but they made the right decision by going with what they did.  Unpopular opinion: the uniform below looks really sharp in spite of its somewhat dated logo set.  I love the minimal use of fluorescent green.

On 6/2/2018 at 12:51 PM, benpc21 said:

tProPlayer%202000%20Road%20Jersey%20Front

43 minutes ago, Morgo said:

It's an interesting uniform but they made the right decision by going with what they did.  Unpopular opinion: the uniform below looks really sharp in spite of its somewhat dated logo set.  I love the minimal use of fluorescent green.

I don't that's an unpopular opinion. I love a lot about that jersey and uniform too. It is outdated, but it was perfect for it's time.

Archived