Hurricanes to Unveil New Third Jersey for 2018-19

Hurricanes to Unveil New Third Jersey for 2018-19

June 4, 2018 - 19:29 PM

The Carolina Hurricanes became the third NHL team to announce an alternate uniform for the 2018-19 season when they revealed they would unveil their new third jersey at the team’s draft party to be held on Friday, June 22nd. The […]

Read More...

13 minutes ago, Ark said:

I hope it's this

Florida+Panthers+v+Carolina+Hurricanes+T

Me too. My only issue is the Hurricanes logo on the sleve. First of all, it isn’t colored. Secondly, does it really need to be there? I would also like the see the striping  switched. Make the flag stripes  red and make the smaller stripe at the bottom silver. 

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Me too. My only issue is the Hurricanes logo on the sleve. First of all, it isn’t colored. Secondly, does it really need to be there? I would also like the see the striping  switched. Make the flag stripes  red and make the smaller stripe at the bottom silver. 

My thoughts exactly, other than the fact that I like the subtle shoulder patch. That's probably an unpopular opinion.

That said, I would hope that if they go in another direction, they either go with a gray jersey that flips the gray and black of that black alternate--except they fill in the hurricane warning flag pattern and make the bottom stripe black (using a colored-in logo would probably look better than the black/gray main logo).

But this could be a place where new owner Tom Dundon surprises us and gives us Whalers throwbacks or something inspired by the Whalers.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

2 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

But this could be a place where new owner Tom Dundon surprises us and gives us Whalers throwbacks or something inspired by the Whalers.

Coming up next, a very special bluegrass-inspired rendition of Brass Bonanza!

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Raleigh's gonna have NHL hockey if they go 0-82-0 because apparently the league insists upon it and shooed Quebec buyers away.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Manifest destiny, bro

Something about this post makes me feel both pride and a great, great shame.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

18 hours ago, Ark said:

I hope it's this

Florida+Panthers+v+Carolina+Hurricanes+T

One problem with this uniform (which I'm sure has been pointed out before) --

One flag = storm warning.  TWO FLAGS = hurricane warning.

05fa7de397b02907fa62e37594811837--flags.  hurricane-flags.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'd have to imagine there will be a boatload of teams introducing (or reintroducing) third jerseys this coming season. Some of them definitely leave room for improvement (:cough: Bolts :cough:), but there are a few I wouldn't mind seeing come back.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Archived