College Football 2018-19: Santa Clara is that a way.

buzzcut

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

So basically a replay of the last several years. They really need to do 8 with 5 conference champions and 3 at large. 

The same 4-6 teams getting in the playoffs is not good for College Football. Forget UCF not having a chance... no one except for those 4 have a chance at it because of preseason rankings, and 5 star recruits going to the same handful of schools

I'd do 10, the 10 conference champions.

LvZYtbZ.png

Ohio state coaches did what they know best......beating people.

That said, Harbaugh is now 0-4 against OSU, but is 29-13 in 4 seasons. There's nobody out there better and his saving grace might be both Urban and James Franklin leaving the division. They need an offensive change; Pep Hamilton needs to go.

58 minutes ago, willmorris said:

I've got the Buckeyes in the CFP with Alabama, Clemson, and Oklahoma. I have this sinking feeling that they will exclude Notre Dame because they're not a conference champion.

Notre Dame is in with a win tonight.

As for the 4 seed, I lean Oklahoma. Their loss was a neutral site loss on the last play of the game versus a 20+ point loss on the road. Both have OT wins, but Army's better than Maryland and should be ranked in the last poll.

Lastly, it's still a TV show and while both will bring in viewers, Kyler vs. Tua is more inviting than Haskins. The last Buckeye playoff game, a 31-0 loss to Clemson might be a factor to those on the committee who were there two years ago.

5 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Lastly, it's still a TV show and while both will bring in viewers

5 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

The last Buckeye playoff game, a 31-0 loss to Clemson might be a factor to those on the committee who were there two years ago.

Man, this committee is such a good way to decide who should play for the championship of college football.

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, willmorris said:

I'd do 10, the 10 conference champions.

6 minutes ago, willmorris said:

I can only hope so, as a Notre Dame fan.

So I'm assuming you'd be rooting for Notre Dame to join either the B10 or ACC under this scenario since they would otherwise be locked  out of the playoffs in favor of the likes of UAB and Troy?  If the field ever expands to 8-10 I think maybe one auto-bid to the highest ranked G5 champ along with the P5 champs and 2-4 at-large would be plenty.

Just now, Kaz said:

So I'm assuming you'd be rooting for Notre Dame to join either the B10 or ACC under this scenario since they would otherwise be locked  out of the playoffs in favor of the likes of UAB and Troy?  If the field ever expands to 8-10 I think maybe one auto-bid to the highest ranked G5 champ along with the P5 champs and 2-4 at-large would be plenty.

I would, actually. It'd be an upgrade in our schedule too.

LvZYtbZ.png

13 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Man, this committee is such a good way to decide who should play for the championship of college football.

Well, here's more news for you.

BOTH Ohio State AD Gene Smith and Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione are on the playoff committee.

Now neither will be in the room when their team is discussed, but let the lobbying to Paola Bolvin Ronnie Lott and the former coaches, like Frank Beamer, Jeff Bower and Bobby Johnson begin.

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2017/10/16/selection-committee.aspx

9 minutes ago, willmorris said:

Add in that ND isn't playing next week and Oklahoma and Ohio State are?

We've already seen that the "13th data point" hasn't mattered in two previous years of the playoff: Ohio State over Penn State in 2016 and Alabama last year when neither team was unbeaten.

30 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Syracuse beats BC and ends the regular season 9-3. Pay Dino whatever he'd like pronto

He's at a Power 5 gig, where would he honestly go? Take an additional year or two and stay. ACC Network is coming in soon

Louisville? Naw.

Colorado?  Unlikely.

USC? Possibly, but Swann likes James Franklin if he fires Helton. Regardless, USC loves guys with a connection.

Ohio State? Possibly, if Urban retires.

Penn State? If Franklin quits, Matt Rhule will be choice #1 and Schiano is likely #2 due to the previous school ties.

Purdue? They won't consider him unless his agent comes to them.

Texas Tech/Baylor: While he did coach under Briles, see Purdue. But Baylor would pay for him to use the Briles (on- field) playbook before Tech.

Archived