College Football 2018-19: Santa Clara is that a way.

buzzcut

12 minutes ago, See Red said:

Turns out Georgia might not have been sleepwalking through an easy early schedule and really just aren't as good as everyone thought.  I still think they beat Florida in Jacksonville, but I think Florida can make a game of it.

UGa is below average on 3rd Down conversions all season. They were 5/14 today.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/team/257/thirddown/offense/split.html

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penn State can't get past Michigan State. There goes their playoff chances. Georgia defense did not show up but LSU was there. I'm not sure what Pitt was trying to do. 4h and 4 with the game on the line, put the ball in the QBs hands not the punters.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm not sure what Pitt was trying to do. 4h and 4 with the game on the line, put the ball in the QBs hands not the punters.

Actually, they did put the ball in the hands of a QB. That was Jeff George Jr. in a nameless 96 jersey, but the 6 was made from an 8, so that he looked like punter Kirk Christodoulou, who wears 98.

nUQQi98.png?1

That is the most bizarre and elaborate fake punt plan I've seen. And it failed horribly.

spacer.png

My God... I thought you were joking. I didn’t even realize George was at Pitt.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2018/10/13/pitt-fake-punt-jeff-george-pittsburgh-pat-narduzzi-notre-dame-brian-kelly/stories/201810130089

This story misses the 8-ish 6.  It also doesn’t acknowledge whether that was legal.  Seems like putting a player in a different number would not be legal.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

59 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

My God... I thought you were joking. I didn’t even realize George was at Pitt.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2018/10/13/pitt-fake-punt-jeff-george-pittsburgh-pat-narduzzi-notre-dame-brian-kelly/stories/201810130089

This story misses the 8-ish 6.  It also doesn’t acknowledge whether that was legal.  Seems like putting a player in a different number would not be legal.

If another player on the kick team wears that number they are allowed to change the jersey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Let's just give Bama their title now. We can change the playoff to teams 2-5 and they can play for national title runner-up.

Not so fast. Tua might be a bit banged up and not completely healthy and they have to go to LSU at night at Death Valley in a few weeks.

Let's see what happens when Bama actually has to play a competent team on the road.

3 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Not so fast. Tua might be a bit banged up and not completely healthy and they have to go to LSU at night at Death Valley in a few weeks.

Let's see what happens when Bama actually has to play a competent team on the road.

LSU has not defeated Bama since the 2011 Game of the Century regular season. That and the fact that Jalen Hurts has already defeated the Tigers twice (once at LSU), means it doesn't matter who starts at QB, Bama will beat LSU. Heck, they could start their third-string QB and still win by double-digits.

NSFCvyu.png

11 hours ago, burgundy said:

Actually, they did put the ball in the hands of a QB. That was Jeff George Jr. in a nameless 96 jersey, but the 6 was made from an 8, so that he looked like punter Kirk Christodoulou, who wears 98.

nUQQi98.png?1

That is the most bizarre and elaborate fake punt plan I've seen. And it failed horribly.

It was the most blatantly obvious fake punt try, like, ever, particularly when you consider Narduzzi’s Dantonio roots. ND had absolutely no reason to try and block the kick, so they dropped everyone in anticipation of the fake.

6fQjS3M.png

4 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

LSU has not defeated Bama since the 2011 Game of the Century regular season. That and the fact that Jalen Hurts has already defeated the Tigers twice (once at LSU), means it doesn't matter who starts at QB, Bama will beat LSU. Heck, they could start their third-string QB and still win by double-digits.

I am not sold on Bama. What happens when they actually are in a close game instead of being up 30?

3 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I am not sold on Bama. What happens when they actually are in a close game instead of being up 30?

It seems as if you’re implying they’ll actually be in a close game and the way they’ve played, it doesn’t seem like they will

48 minutes ago, jn8 said:

It seems as if you’re implying they’ll actually be in a close game and the way they’ve played, it doesn’t seem like they will

Well, they've only played one team in the top 36 of the S&P+, and that was Texas A&M (#18) and the average of the teams they've played is 63.5.  Granted, I think they will go undefeated and win it all again, but I'm not buying that nobody else has a chance just yet.

IUe6Hvh.png

On 10/13/2018 at 12:43 PM, MBurmy said:

I don't know what's crazier, the fact that Northwestern just beat Nebraska, the fact that they came back from 14 points down with 2:30 left in regulation to do it...or the fact that it's not an upset.

Here's an even crazier fact: as a fan, I'm enjoying this 0-6 season more than the last three years of Mike Riley.

It's not unprecedented that a team loses a chunk of games with a new coach and new system.  Nebraska has just struggled to connect the pieces of Frost's offense.  And I dare say Frost and Co. have had a learning curve adjusting to the Big Ten instead of the AAC. But the big difference in 2018 is effort.  Even down 56-10 to Michigan this year, I saw more effort and drive out of the team than the ho-hum, golly-gee nonsense we picked up from the Korvallis Kops.   

It'll pay off in the long run.  Just gonna take a few seasons to get things in motion. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

10 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Here's an even crazier fact: as a fan, I'm enjoying this 0-6 season more than the last three years of Mike Riley.

It's not unprecedented that a team loses a chunk of games with a new coach and new system.  Nebraska has just struggled to connect the pieces of Frost's offense.  And I dare say Frost and Co. have had a learning curve adjusting to the Big Ten instead of the AAC. But the big difference in 2018 is effort.  Even down 56-10 to Michigan this year, I saw more effort and drive out of the team than the ho-hum, golly-gee nonsense we picked up from the Korvallis Kops.   

It'll pay off in the long run.  Just gonna take a few seasons to get things in motion. 

I tend to think this, too.  Barry Alvarez went 1-10 in his first season at Wisconsin, followed by 5-6, and 5-6, before sharing the Big Ten title in his fourth season on the way to being a perennial bowl team and frequent Big Ten title contender.  

Nebraska needs to be patient, though.  Two differences with Alvarez: 1) Sports fans/meida were a lot less impatient back then and 2) Wisconsin did not have the history that Nebraska does.  So hopefully they don't bail on him too quickly because I have a feeling he could bring them back.  And, frankly, the Big Ten West needs it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I tend to think this, too.  Barry Alvarez went 1-10 in his first season at Wisconsin, followed by 5-6, and 5-6, before sharing the Big Ten title in his fourth season on the way to being a perennial bowl team and frequent Big Ten title contender.  

Nebraska needs to be patient, though.  Two differences with Alvarez: 1) Sports fans/meida were a lot less impatient back then and 2) Wisconsin did not have the history that Nebraska does.  So hopefully they don't bail on him too quickly because I have a feeling he could bring them back.  And, frankly, the Big Ten West needs it.

Agreed about the West division. The conference will be much better off when the title game is a contest between Nebraska-Wisconsin and OSU-PSU-UM. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

49 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So if San Diego State's stadium proposal does not get passed on the November 6th ballot, where are they going to play their home games?

SDSU will remain there, in SDCCU Stadium through the 2020 season.

https://www.voiceofsandiego.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/sdsunewlease.pdf

The Alliance of American Football's lease there assisted them in not being a one season tenant of Petco Park.

Archived