College Football 2018-19: Santa Clara is that a way.

buzzcut

Projected 1st overall pick Justin Herbert has a 2.9 YPA through 3 quarters against the Arizona defense that has decided to resemble the Desert Swarm tonight. Almost a year to the day that the team hung almost 60 on Washington State, and have looked like crap since then.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Is there a legit reason why Kentucky is ranked twelfth in the nation?

1. They beat ranked Florida and currently have only one loss to ranked Texas A&M. 

2. S-E-C

3. Despite there being 130 FBS schools, you very quickly run out of teams to rank.

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

They have one loss and one of the better wins this season, which is more than you can say about most of the other 50 mediocre teams in college football this season. They’re going to get boat raced by Georgia this week.

You’ve got a group of, like, 10 teams at the top that are genuinely pretty good and then a bunch of relatively equally matched squads from there down.

6fQjS3M.png

7 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

5 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

1. They beat ranked Florida and currently have only one loss to ranked Texas A&M. 

2. S-E-C

3. Despite there being 130 FBS schools, you very quickly run out of teams to rank.

4 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

They have one loss and one of the better wins this season, which is more than you can say about most of the other 50 mediocre teams in college football this season. They’re going to get boat raced by Georgia this week.

You’ve got a group of, like, 10 teams at the top that are genuinely pretty good and then a bunch of relatively equally matched squads from there down.

29 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

They are #1 in Scoring Defense (tied with Clemson) and 10th in Total Defense.

Maybe he meant they should be higher?

On 10/28/2018 at 1:04 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Maybe he meant they should be higher?

Courtesy of the playoff committee, now they are! The #9 Kentucky Wildcats are a real thing. 8 games into the season, no less. If my school wasn't the other contender, I'd be rooting hard for UK to pull it off and win the division.

Kind of surprised LSU didn't shoot up to #2 for the sake of another *~*game of the century*~* this weekend.

Also, it was just reported that Urban Meyer has a brain cyst, which is weird since a better job doesn't seem to be available.

PJU85JF.png

31 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Far more important than the CFP rankings is that I just noticed that 10 of the MAC's 12 schools are playing weeknight games this week.

We basically in November now, when the MAC never plays on Saturdays unless they are an out of conference visitor or your EMU. 

Toledo hasn't held Saturday November home game in a decade.

NIU and Toledo both play three games in 12 days.

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/ut/2018/10/23/David-Briggs-commentary-Toledo-Rockets-football-schedule-is-reckless-and-ridiculous/stories/20181023153

After a black-and-blue Saturday game against Buffalo, this is the Rockets’ itinerary: Bus to Kalamazoo on Wednesday, play Western Michigan on Thursday, come home overnight Friday morning, return to action Wednesday against Ball State.

I knew the MAC has pretty much tried to own weeknights, but I didn't realize over 80% of their teams weren't playing Saturdays. It's tough enough to get people to come to G5 games even on Saturday, but that ESPN exposure is valuable enough I suppose.

Toledo not having a home Saturday game in November for that long is insane.

47 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

We basically in November now, when the MAC never plays on Saturdays unless they are an out of conference visitor or your EMU. 

Toledo hasn't held Saturday November home game in a decade.

Buffalo's first eight games were all on Saturday. Their last four are Tuesday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday. Thankfully, they are spread out this year, even if the days are wacky.

8 hours ago, dfwabel said:

This will help keep them in the Big Ten basement for a decade. The boosters that fought to keep him, when he's created a situation that is uncomfortable for the majority of his own players should be ashamed. I won't be surprised if they don't win another game this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Maryland's still got Indiana on the schedule.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

12 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Far more important than the CFP rankings is that I just noticed that 10 of the MAC's 12 schools are playing weeknight games this week.

It's #MACtion fever. Catch it!

Seriously though I'll probably watch all of those games. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Durkin fired.

https://president.umd.edu/communications/statements/our-football-program

Dear University of Maryland community,

I am writing to inform you of actions I am taking that are in the best interest of the University of Maryland.

Yesterday, the University System of Maryland Board of Regents announced numerous recommendations, including employment decisions about specific personnel on our campus. I accepted the Board's recommendations. At the same time, I announced my retirement as president in June 2019.

Since returning to campus after yesterday?s press conference, I have met with the leadership of the Student Government Association speaking on behalf of numerous student organizations; the Senate Executive Committee; Deans; department chairs; and campus leadership. The overwhelming majority of stakeholders expressed serious concerns about Coach DJ Durkin returning to the campus.

The chair of the Board of Regents has publicly acknowledged that I had previously raised serious concerns about Coach Durkin?s return. This is not at all a reflection of my opinion of Coach Durkin as a person. However, a departure is in the best interest of the University, and this afternoon Coach Durkin was informed that the University will part ways.

This is a difficult decision, but it is the right one for our entire University. I will devote the remaining months of my presidency to advancing the needed reforms in our Athletic Department that prioritize the safety and well-being of our student-athletes.

Sincerely,

Wallace D. Loh
President

Looks like Pitt's going to get their yearly upset again. It's only #25 Virginia, so it's not as impressive as the last two seasons' wins vs. Clemson and Miami, but they skip Clemson this season and don't have any more ranked opponents, so I guess it was now or never.

Archived