College Football 2018-19: Santa Clara is that a way.

buzzcut

Tom Herman, you gots some issues, Homie.

But on a brighter note, at least you aren't Texas Tech.

As for Maryland, just give Matt Canada the job and move on from DJ Durkin. Then again, up 2, Canada kicked an 18 yard FG. You cannot be that risk adverse. Especially when you had seven jobs in nine damn years.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't it feel like modern football is equal parts home team, road team, and refereeing? Or, even more so, just a series of plays and uncertainty about what stands and what doesn't on every single play with no real consistency.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well...all I'll say about Bama-L'ville is it would've been a fun one...last year.  This year?  The snoozer I expected it to be.

This McCaffrey kid looks promising...of course he's wearing that damn winged helmet.  Wish Bucky could attract a QB like that.  Whose idea was it to rank UW #3 or 4 or whatever?  

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I DESPISE cancelled "no contest" games...basically tells the students of both schools "Hey everyone, you all wasted your time!"

Anytime a team refuses to reschedule, the NCAA should consider that a FORFEIT.

bYhYmxh.png

4 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

I DESPISE cancelled "no contest" games...basically tells the students of both schools "Hey everyone, you all wasted your time!"

Anytime a team refuses to reschedule, the NCAA should consider that a FORFEIT.

Akron isn't the one who cancels it, why should they forfeit? The problem is seeing if they have byes off at the same date. If not, can they move the schedule around to play it? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Akron isn't the one who cancels it, why should they forfeit? The problem is seeing if they have byes off at the same date. If not, can they move the schedule around to play it? 

That is the question...I'd say both teams should conditionally reschedule it for December 1 (that condition being that the game only gets played if neither school makes their conference title game).

bYhYmxh.png

14 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

That is the question...I'd say both teams should conditionally reschedule it for December 1 (that condition being that the game only gets played if neither school makes their conference title game).

That would be the best thing to do, but unless Nebraska needs it to make a bowl game it probably won't happen. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, dont care said:

If the head coach hasn’t already lost his job, Kansas has made a mistake. 3 wins over 4 years is embassing 

They just got a new AD which is always a bad sign for mediocre coaches. However, David Beaty went 3-33 over the previous three seasons and just opened this one with a loss to (another) FCS team. He gone.

Troy got ruined by Boise State, so I'm assuming they'll stop receiving poll votes and hype.

Arkansas State's hype is (unfortunately) looking like it was as empty as I thought. Ended up pulling away from SEMO in the 2nd half, but the 1st half was a perfect encapsulation of everything wrong with Blake Anderson's brand of football. There were stupid penalties everywhere (finished the game with 12, not counting the offset and deferred penalties, which I think would have made it 14 or 15), stupid turnovers (-3 on the night), and playing down to opponents.

Pleasantly ( and thoroughly) surprised by the LSU win over top 10 Miami.  At one point up by a dominating 33-3, LSU sat several defensive starters and let Miami back in it and get to within 16, but that was it.

Big test in two weeks at Auburn, though....

It is what it is.

Ah, Mark Richt’s overhyped team laid an egg on national television against a lower-ranked opponent. Imagine that. 

I truly believe that last year will go down as UM’s peak under Richt. His second year was his best at Georgia, though he somehow stuck around for 13 more. I could not have been happier when he got fired and feel more validated every week. It’s a real kick in the balls that my “other” team hired him and I get to relive his sanctimony and gimmicks one more time.

Nice to see LSU looking good though. Very much looking forward to the Dawgs’ trip to Baton Rouge for the first time in TEN years thanks to our needless conference expansion. 

PJU85JF.png

Archived