Nuggets Evolved: Unveil New Logos, Colours, Uniforms

The home and away looks unfinished because of the color imbalance... it's like a coloring book, where the kid only filled in parts of the drawing/design and didn't finish the whole thing.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

The big miss for me is not having any of that trim color in the bottom half of the uniform. The waistband and the mountain panel desperately need a little bit of the gold and clay trim that shows up on the arms and neck (or it needs to be taken out of the those areas).

That’s my biggest gripe with the color balance. The shorts being devoid of clay and gold throws everything off for me. Even just a tad bit of gold and clay trim would go a long way.

jNTsTyQ.png

There are so many good parts here, just assembled terribly, I love the short design, the font, the waist band, the logos are okay, and the collars and sleeve stripes are okay too. But the lack of gold and mistreatment of the royal blue. Color balance really ruins all of this. 

I also think you could replace the dark red with their beloved light blue and the jerseys would instantly become better. 

But in reality. To clean these jerseys up. You need to swap the navy for royal, red for light blue. Outline all the white stripes in gold on the current navy jersey and white jersey. For the Mile high I’d keep it the way it is. But if we’re swapping the navy jersey to royal blue you could easily make this light blue or gold. And instead of ripping off the pacers put the pickaxe jerseys back on there or THE FRIKIN SKYLINE that everyone loves and is asking for. Make the collar gold and the mountains can stay navy of the shorts but outlined in gold.

I can’t sketch this out or anything but in my head this seems like a really good design

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I think the logos are a definite improvement over any of their recent ones sans the pick axe since it's pretty much the same. It was long past due that the primary logo from the 90's go away for good. The uniforms look to be an improvement too, but the secondary should be royal while the alternate should be navy in my opinion. Overall, a pretty decent rebrand.  

Logos: Nice, but do we need the extra tone of blue? Just stick with one. 

Template for the Icon & Association : I like this. A lot.

The rest of the jersey: Ugh. Where do we begin? This isn't just bad colour mismanagement, this is atrocious. The numbers & wordmarks being different colours on this set doesn't work, the lack of maroon/red on both designs is bad, the not needed outlines, etc. TBH, if they changed the teamplae to this but kept the Navy, Yellow & White of the 1 year set, I think these come out a lot better looking.

Mile High Alt: Burn it with fire. UGLY

I'm giving this a 3/10. There's some potential here, but good lord did they fail. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Weirdly, I find myself liking the third jersey more than the other two. I like the royal/red/yellow look (other teams have made those colors work fine), I just wish they went with "Denver" instead of "Mile High City". 

It's stupid that there's so much white on the navy jersey.

The skyline logo looks better here than it did on the draft hat, but there's still too much going on, especially with the mountain in front of the buildings (wtf) and the thick strokes of the basketball above. 

7/10. They'll be wearing something else in a couple years.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Let's just change every team to different shades of red and blue.

Then lets convolute all the alternate jerseys so no one knows who's actually playing.  That way every one in every city can feel like a winner.

I was actually in favor of the new colors when I heard about it awhile back but seeing how they used it on the uniforms is terrible. Not only that but they introduced a new skyline logo and proceeded to do nothing with it. Great job, Nuggets!

The best the Nuggets ever looked was in 2004 and I would've been completely fine if they rehashed last seasons look just adding red trim. Atleast that would've been consistent looking and not a jumbled mess of colors.

bSLCtu2.png

7 hours ago, Morgo said:

The Nuggets have never had a great uniform and sadly the trend continues with this set.  The colour balance is awful, the striping is uninspired and the decision to make navy the primary colour results in a predictably dull uniform set.  They should have just made the logo below their new primary.  The colours were perfect, once they replaced the darker royal with navy, and they could have easily built a great uniform around it.

7BgoTiT.png

I assumed you mean set because...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNrM7sl8DaLnK2FZ4ulYa

Anyway, these new ones are fairly lame. Overall I like the new logos but I'm meh on the new colors. The red seems really out of place on a largely navy/white set. The shorts design is cool, but I agree that the color balance is horrible. Looking at these, there is clearly no reason to have added red to the scheme while losing powder blue. At least the Nuggets used to have an identity, their jerseys are now plain as hell.

Does the third jersey have a connection with a previous look? Seems like generic bullcrap to me.

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

I was actually in favor of the new colors when I heard about it awhile back but seeing how they used it on the uniforms is terrible. Not only that but they introduced a new skyline logo and proceeded to do nothing with it. Great job, Nuggets!

I'd assume there will be a city jersey coming at some point.  That's where you'll probably see the skyline.

They should have gone royal blue as the primary blue instead of navy. I'm a big fan of the colors on the alt. The home and road are, as others have said, lacking in color and don't have good balance. 

I am a big fan of that shorts design though. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I think these are an upgrade from the mess they moved to in the last few years.  The original powder blue set didn't need to be changed. 

The main issue for me is the trim usage.  The trim on the white jersey is nice, but then the shorts are just navy and white.  Match the shorts with the navy and red trim and add color to the trim on the blues.  The blues look like they're a navy/white team with gold tertiary.  

Close to being a pretty solid look.  Just make a few color tweaks in the trim, and actually stick with it for more than 5 minutes and it could work.

Man, “color balance” really is the new buzzphrase. ? I don’t think it’s synonymous with “evenly distributed,” though. I think the red and gold wordmarks are balanced well by the higher-contrast blue and white design elements. The jersey itself is fantastic, and the red and gold trim that is truly needed on the shorts to give the bottom half of the uniform proper balance is so minimal and fine that it wouldn’t even be that noticeable from typical viewing distance. The true satisfaction would be more on a face-to-face/courtside level. The short logo actually provides some of this balance on the white uniform, having the same blue fill/gold trim as the numbers.

The red and gold are certainly isolated, but they don’t feel like they don’t belong. In fact, I’d argue that while they may throw off the balance for some of you, they perfectly illustrate at least two other universal principles of design; emphasis and contrast. I think it’s an effective way to ascribe meaning and importance to the most locally relevant color in the palette (the flatiron/sandstone/silt red) and the color most relevant to the team name (gold).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I reckon the two main sets would look better if they shared the Statement (let me cringe for a second) uniform's V-neck. Aside from that... alright. I've a problem with how the white one essentially uses a different colour scheme,though. As others have mentioned,the colour balance between the two is awful.

The home and away (sorry I'm not using the NBA-speak; I refuse to) are decent. I really like the mountains on the shorts. Wish they'd have gone all in on just navy blue and white with the yellow trim or added more of the secondary colors to the arm hole trim and waist band. The alternate is complete garbage.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Not great but not bad either. Only gripe is that they should have switch the navy and red on the font colors for the white jersey. Looks too bottom heavy. The nuggets should be more prominent and navy gives you that. The third uni is alright but why are Nike and Adidas always making up nicknames? 

Archived