Nuggets Evolved: Unveil New Logos, Colours, Uniforms

Just now, jgiff17 said:

The third uni is alright but why are Nike and Adidas always making up nicknames? 

Well, they're not making up the nickname ... that's the city's nickname.

I don't mind the city nicknames as long as it's not forced or made up. My biggest gripe is 'MILE HIGH CITY' seems more fitting for a City Jersey than Statement Jersey?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what to think about uniforms. Nice and bad at the same time, wishbone collar isn't work, more burgudny should be used, but I like mountain shape on shorts and Statement jersey is quite nice (maybe except wordmark).

4r2eer.png

These are terrible. The red word mark is so out of place on the homes.  The white trim is overwhelming on the aways. The Mile High Club uniforms are tolerable but the Pacers beat em to the rounded number font punch.  

Hot take: This all feels very unnecessary.  Bottom 5 uniform set in the NBA.  No one will buy these.  Swag is an overrated term, but these have none of that.  When they drafted Carmelo they unveiled a brand that fit him: new and exciting.  I can only imagine those jerseys flew off the shelves.  Everything unique, cool, and exciting and those original Carmelo uniforms, these have none of that.  These are memorable in no way.

90758391980.gif

I can’t believe these are actually decent... but the reality is they are just messing around until some day they update the retros right a la DC or Golden State

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Swag is an overrated term, but these have none of that.  When they drafted Carmelo they unveiled a brand that fit him: new and exciting.  

Yes. When those babies burst onto the scene it was like "ooh damn...Denver's finally got it together." Obviously, you need to evolve that look but everything since has seemed to move in the opposite direction

5 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I’d argue that while they may throw off the balance for some of you, they perfectly illustrate at least two other universal principles of design; emphasis and contrast. I think it’s an effective way to ascribe meaning and importance to the most locally relevant color in the palette (the flatiron/sandstone/silt red) and the color most relevant to the team name (gold).

I hear you, but I think the importance and meaning is taken away from the gold color when it's used for sponsor logos (on two jerseys).

I'm surprised to find myself in the camp that likes the statement uni better than the others. I feel like they made some good choices, but fell short in execution. Logo package is pretty decent, colors are alright, uniform layout would definitely work. There's just something off about their color choices on the uniforms. I can't exactly put my finger on it, and I won't throw another "color balance' into the echo chamber, but they just look wrong, color-wise.

The logos are okay. The white and navy (not using the Nike names either) uniforms miss the mark. Again, the color distribution is poor. There's no business for so much white on the navy uniform. I like the third, lighter blue uniform the most. Then again, the "Mile High City" word mark uses too generic a font, which makes it look like a rec league uniform.

As someone said, a bottom-5 uniform set in the league.

There is also one thing which is intresting me most, If they know that they gonna rebrand themselves, why they changed this:

7GeDAcG.jpg

To this:

827870238.jpg

?

From current point of view it didn't make too much sense.

4r2eer.png

10 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

There is also one thing which is intresting me most, If they know that they gonna rebrand themselves, why they changed this:

7GeDAcG.jpg

To this:

827870238.jpg

?

80721bb7-cd48-11e6-b490-0f437cfe09ba.png

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

40 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

7GeDAcG.jpg

To this:

827870238.jpg

?

Over the past couple years they have been doing everything they could to distance themselves from powder blue. They dropped it from all their social media and promotional materials about 3-4 years ago, all their recent merchandise has been navy centric, progressively adding more and more navy to the uniforms, etc. I think they used the Nike overhaul as a means to loose the powder blue jerseys even sooner.

jNTsTyQ.png

1 hour ago, TalktoChuck said:

Over the past couple years they have been doing everything they could to distance themselves from powder blue. They dropped it from all their social media and promotional materials about 3-4 years ago, all their recent merchandise has been navy centric, progressively adding more and more navy to the uniforms, etc. I think they used the Nike overhaul as a means to loose the powder blue jerseys even sooner.

Good move, not enough navy in the nba ?

Archived