Nuggets Evolved: Unveil New Logos, Colours, Uniforms

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some form of blue and yellow was always the only constant.

Red was permanently eliminated for the first time, during the 2003-04 rebrand to double blue.

This is actually a return to their roots in a way. But they really need something to distinguish themselves from the Cavs.

If they bring back the rainbow city/mountain skyline on one or more jerseys, that could be a good way.

13 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Red was permanently eliminated for the first time

Sounds like a change has become increasingly inevitable.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I don't even like these all that much; it's just that they made a lasting impact the way basically nothing else has for the Nuggets (the only exception being the pickaxe):

gettyimages-476623400.jpg?w=540&h=800&qu

They do align with the NBA's social justice priorities, so there's that.

:blink:

12 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The Eddie Bauer of NBA uniforms

danny-fortson-of-the-denver-nuggets-duri

That number font is better than anything they've had since. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, the admiral said:

I agree about how terrible the 1993-2003 set was, but the Lakers own gold and the Warriors have a claim to it as well. I know the Nuggets are actually named after gold, but that wouldn't help them carve out a niche. Rainbow would do that nicely.

I've made a couple concepts in the past showing how the Nuggets could own gold without ripping off the Lakers:

gV8lMFG.png

TDmI8Sl.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I've made a couple concepts in the past showing how the Nuggets could own gold without ripping off the Lakers:

gV8lMFG.png

TDmI8Sl.png

I'd sign off on that.  I'd personally replace the green/brown/fatigues-esque color with something leaning toward blue, but keeping it the same kind of hushed, desaturated style to be sure that the gold was served.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

:blink:

I was being tongue-in-cheek. If you've read any of my posts in the NBA thread, you'll know I'm a huge fan of the league and its outspoken support (especially compared to other leagues) of traditionally marginalized populations.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I was being tongue-in-cheek. If you've read any of my posts in the NBA thread, you'll know I'm a huge fan of the league and its outspoken support (especially compared to other leagues) of traditionally marginalized populations.

Ah, it was a rainbow skyline/rainbow flag gag.  Sorry, I didn’t get the joke. 

Given how the use of the rainbow flag has exploded since 1993, it did cross my mind that the rainbow uniforms may not be viable for the Nuggets. I would hope that everyone can distinguish between the flag and the fact that rainbows look cool.

Even if they can't it's still a nice-looking uniform. And they'd be the first NBA team that could legitimately calm "all of them" as a team color.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Prime example of a team hitting a home run (2003) and than jogging around the bases and forgetting to touch first. I always liked the rainbow but 2003 should have been the identity of the 21st century for the Nuggets.I'll miss the baby blue too. This navy blue thing has to stop too. Not on topic but it really screwed Edmonton's jerseys up too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 6:20 PM, the admiral said:

Given how the use of the rainbow flag has exploded since 1993, it did cross my mind that the rainbow uniforms may not be viable for the Nuggets. I would hope that everyone can distinguish between the flag and the fact that rainbows look cool.

Given that these new (old) colors are basically a variation on primary colors, I think they could do a stylized “rainbow” motif with just a red, yellow, and blue sequence instead of having all the colors. After all, they did “rainbow” with light blue, dark blue, and yellow.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Given that these new (old) colors are basically a variation on primary colors, I think they could do a stylized “rainbow” motif with just a red, yellow, and blue sequence instead of having all the colors. After all, they did “rainbow” with light blue, dark blue, and yellow.

The blue/yellow "rainbow" sucked. Primary colors only could work but I have a feeling you have to do it right or not at all.

I miss the Nuggets' shiny baby blue with medium blue and yellow. I thought that looked neat.

On 5/22/2018 at 7:13 AM, Lights Out said:

gV8lMFG.png

TDmI8Sl.png

Those are awesome concepts. I’d use the black in the top row or blue instead of gray, but these look much better than whatever the team will put out.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

11 hours ago, Conrad. said:

That alternate logo is pretty bad.

Nuggets can never seem to get it quite right. Seems like if you showed the Nuggets' execs 80 concepts, all 80 would get rated 10/10..

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived