2018 FIFA World Cup

crashcarson15

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like it was an exciting end to the game.

Would have been cool to see had YouTube TV not glitched out.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I feel like I’m in the minority here, but I actually was pulling for Panama. Damn Belgians, they’ll go out sooner or later. Roberto Martinez lead sides usually tend to start leaking goals sooner or later. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

18 hours ago, WideRight said:

I am watching on Telemundo instead (Yeah for being bilingual) because the Fox commentators are not always the best.  They have 1 good team, 1 adequate team (Meola) and that weird team of 2 Spanish speakers who are so partisan that it is painful to watch them cover a game that has any Latin country in it because they are rooting, not discussing.  Even on Telemundo, the commentary is more balanced.  

And as to the big question, following England means never having to wonder why they aren't better.  They just never are.  Great league, horrible national team. 

BTW, I am not rooting for Mexico.  I liked that Germany lost, but it would have been the same  had they lost to Sweden or Korea for me.  Since the USA is not in it I am rooting for La Furia Roja. ¡España!

I like the Fox Deportes guys that they brought over. The play-by-play guy, in particular, has been maybe a little too excitable, but it is nice to get some of that Latino flavor on English broadcasts. I'm a little tired of defaulting to droll English accents.

Anyway. Colombia-Japan did not go the way I expected.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

9 hours ago, Digby said:

I like the Fox Deportes guys that they brought over. The play-by-play guy, in particular, has been maybe a little too excitable, but it is nice to get some of that Latino flavor on English broadcasts.

I find the play-by-play man to be unbearable.  The color guy isn't bad, when he can get a word in edgewise.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

31 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

Ugh, it is going to be insufferable if Ronaldo wins the Golden Boot... 

He still trails Own Goal! I feel like Chersyev (spelling, ?) would be even worse. He plays Iran next so I don't see him getting as free as he did vs Spain and Morocco. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Poor Argentina.

This hasn't been a great World Cup for the Americas, Mexico excepted.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Let’s have a live look at Argentina right now

ComplexCalculatingChanticleer-size_restr

I'll be rooting loudly for Iceland tomorrow. I wonder how much adidas would lose if Argentina can't make it out of the group?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm sad that Argentina losing overshadows Croatia winning; Croatia's an overlooked great team (this Luka Modric guy might go places) and it's cool to see them seize the moment. But man, Argentina is really, really losing. I hope for their sake that Sampaoli marched off the pitch like that because he's running late for his flight home.

1 minute ago, Digby said:

I'm sad that Argentina losing overshadows Croatia winning; Croatia's an overlooked great team (this Luka Modric guy might go places) and it's cool to see them seize the moment. But man, Argentina is really, really losing. I hope for their sake that Sampaoli marched off the pitch like that because he's running late for his flight home.

If they get eliminated tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised to see the AFA ship him home Saturday morning. Croatia always seemed to be that team that played well but didn't have enough to get them over the line, now I think they're seizing their opportunity and could go farther than expected depending on how the brackets work out.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, nickp91 said:

How is Sampaoli allowed to have a job? Worst coaching I have ever seen on a national level

The players asked for Argentina to pick him I believe. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The players asked for Argentina to pick him I believe. 

As a moderately talented person who's lazy, disinterested and prefers to stay home and do nothing, I would also like him as my boss.

On 6/16/2018 at 8:03 PM, crashcarson15 said:

It’ll be interesting the narrative around Croatia, because they’re genuinely one of the most talented teams at this tournament — just glad we’ve got an actual manager in charge this year.

Oh, hey.

Croatia have the best central midfield pairing in the world, and that could take them a long way in this tournament. Things work out really well for them, too, assuming they top the group — their half of the bracket could be really weak. Fun times for the Vatreni.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived