2018 FIFA World Cup

crashcarson15

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they get eliminated tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised to see the AFA ship him home Saturday morning. Croatia always seemed to be that team that played well but didn't have enough to get them over the line, now I think they're seizing their opportunity and could go farther than expected depending on how the brackets work out.  

I don't believe they would get knocked out today, but they need Nigeria to beat Iceland to have a better chance of moving on, An Iceland wins means they would need to make up the -3 goal difference in the win over Nigeria AND have Iceland lose to Croatia. A Nigeria win means all they need to do is beat Nigeria and have Croatia beat Iceland.

VAR gets it right again. I know there's plenty of time to go, but so far it seems like the VAR system has avoided the scenarios we'd feared. Don't understand why it's been such a mess at the club level (especially MLS).

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

VAR gets it right again. I know there's plenty of time to go, but so far it seems like the VAR system has avoided the scenarios we'd feared. Don't understand why it's been such a mess at the club level (especially MLS).

Got the penalty call right but wasn't used when both Neymar and Marcelo elbowed Costa Rican players. Neymar should have been off, Marcelo as well. That said, Costa Rica wasted every single chance they had to score and it's a shame because they played great defense for 90+ minutes. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Too bad that late Panama goal puts them back behind Belgium. Now they just need to win to take the group instead of holding out for a draw.

Actually, both England and Belgium are on 6 points, having scored 8 and conceded 2; meaning that if they draw whoever tops the group comes down to fair play.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

1 hour ago, waltere said:

Actually, both England and Belgium are on 6 points, having scored 8 and conceded 2; meaning that if they draw whoever tops the group comes down to fair play.

Continuation: which puts England on top of the group at this point.

Unrelated: I see Colombia has their National Diving team pulling double duty as usual.....

spacer.png

Russia looking like we thought they'd look at the start of the tournament. Should be interesting to see who they play next. If it's Portugal I think tehy have a chance to win. If it's Spain they may find it a bit harder. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 minutes ago, Wings said:

I think Russia gets booted in the round of 16 wether it's Spain or Portugal. 

Only for the entire winning team to be found dead the next morning of mass suicide via gunshots to the backs of their heads.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Today was the first day I got really mad at the VAR; beyond interrupting the flow of the Iran-Portugal match, the evidence was too flimsy, for me, to give Iran that penalty near the end of the match. But that ref was generally a mess, so maybe it was all his fault.

I'm surprised neither of the Iberian teams really stepped up and made a statement game today. Surely the chance to play Russia and get an extra day of rest would have been good motivation? But maybe that's a lot to ask; Spain maybe is showing the effects of the coach drama, Portugal is always ultimately keeping its ahead above water thanks to Ronaldo, and Iran and Morocco weren't here to screw around. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived