MJD7 x Victormrey | World Baseball Classic (Series Complete)

MJD7

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for a neighbour country: Chinese Taipei (A.K.A. Taiwan or Republic of China).

The main change is the use of the wordmark and monogram of the Olympic team. The cuffs and headspoon feature a triple pipping, which are also inspired by the Olympic team logo.

The alt is inspired by the national flag, using red as main colour, and featuring "臺灣" (Taiwan) as wordmark.

iYffC0w.png

A0Qp1d3.png

R4F93Zd.png

On 6/20/2018 at 3:08 PM, coco1997 said:

Beautiful! I think this is my favorite set so far. Both cap logos are excellent. 

21 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

China: This one turned out really well! I like the second road uniform more than the first and the B&W alternate is better than the original. 

Chinese Taipei: I really like the striping pattern and the red alternate. Good work!

Thank you both so much, the feedback is truly appreciated! We'll probably keep the second road and alt for China.

Next up, we have Colombia!

The biggest thing with Colombia is that they embraced a color in the most recent WBC that isn't used heavily in sports (and in my opinion is very underrated): yellow. Since the country's flag is mostly yellow, we decided to run with that and translate the WBC set into its own look. The home features yellow sleeves with blue & red piping, and the away is primarily yellow to reflect the color balance of the flag. The alternate is red, based on this uniform.

XxZ4Dq8.pngS26rR30.pngwrb6ynm.png

44 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Looks great! Curious to see the main home and roads with blue undersleeves. 

I agree. I like the font choices and striping pattern. The sock stripes are an inspired choice, but I do wish the pants were a bit more Vikings-like (to get the whole flag pattern).

On 6/22/2018 at 4:11 PM, coco1997 said:

Another excellent set! I'm a sucker for raglan sleeves so this is great.

On 6/22/2018 at 4:28 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Looks great! Curious to see the main home and roads with blue undersleeves. 

On 6/22/2018 at 5:16 PM, SFGiants58 said:

I agree. I like the font choices and striping pattern. The sock stripes are an inspired choice, but I do wish the pants were a bit more Vikings-like (to get the whole flag pattern).

Thank you guys! Here is a look at the main set with blue undersleeves.  We made the pants look more like the flag on the home, but were unsure of how to translate that to the away.

TzfYDac.pngQVthF1i.png

Although it's a bit of last-minute inspiration, we also decided to try something different with the alternate. This is a sort of Tequila Sunrise look for Colombia that is inspired by this softball national team set.

VFeAeV6.png

Let us know what you think!

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

That alternate is genius! One suggestion: make the outlines on the front numbers red so they pop better against the horizontal stripes.

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Actually, scratch that. Try making the numbers red and keep the outlines white. It should work much better that way!

Yea I tried blue with a red outline, it muddled up the numbers too much. I updated the post above though, and I'd say it looks pretty good making the numbers red!

22 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Looks great!

Thanks you! And thanks for your suggestions to help us improving the design.

Let's contiunue the series with Cuba.

The home and road designs are inspired by the 1952 uniform, keeping the current wordmark and logos. While the alternate uniform is based on the 1962 national soccer team kit, featuring its same wordmark.

jjmboBz.png5W93LHj.png3FuBR7g.png

Next up we have the Czech Republic!

This set was mostly designed with  @Victormrey's great ideas in mind, as we wanted to make something different and unique for the Czech Republic: we started by changing the current wordmark and logos and using a font inspired by the region. Instead of going for a simple set, we decided to represent the three Historical Regions of the country: the home is inspired by Bohemia, the road, by Moravia, and the alt, by Czech Silesia. The home uniform features a sleeve pattern inspired by the Bohemian glass.

rvU8QbO.pngymWnuuK.png6rJNqOr.png

I love what you've done with the Czechs. The wildly different color and sleeve patterns on each set are very inventive! 

EDIT: One quick thought on Cuba. I like the contrasting placket piping on the home set, but I'm not sure it's as successful on the road set, because the white stands out so much more than the blue. Could we see the road set with just blue placket piping?

On 6/26/2018 at 7:09 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Cuba: It’s a fantastic update of a classy look. Not much to say, other than good work!

Czech Republic: I really like the thinking behind this one. The fonts work well as a unifying element for the different color styles.

Thanks for the feedback! We really appreciate it.

On 6/27/2018 at 4:46 PM, coco1997 said:

I love what you've done with the Czechs. The wildly different color and sleeve patterns on each set are very inventive! 

EDIT: One quick thought on Cuba. I like the contrasting placket piping on the home set, but I'm not sure it's as successful on the road set, because the white stands out so much more than the blue. Could we see the road set with just blue placket piping?

Thank you very much! Here's the Cuba road uniform with your suggestion:

tSeydpf.png

Let's continue the series staying in the Caribbean!

For Dominican Republic we decided to keep the current wordmark and cap logo, using a sleeve cuff and collar pipping based on the national flag, flipping it on each sleeve and on the collar. The country pride uniform features the initials of the country, inspired by the design the team used to wear in the 70's.

o2R5uIY.pngaUEV3n3.png256aCpC.png

Archived