Denver Nuggets Redesign

DTConcepts

I'm in the apparent minority that thinks the Nuggets recent rebrand is f***ing amazing. The colors work really well together, the logos are nice blend of modernism, minimalism, and extravagant-ism, (if that's a word) but what I don't like as much is the jerseys. They have a lot of good ideas behind them, but they fall flat as far as color balance goes. Here's my attempt to fix that.

ASSOCIATION:

CiJHV4j.jpg

The mountain striping on the pants was a really good idea that the Nuggets have, but they'd just be so much better if they were filled in with color. In addition, I added the minimalist mountain logo to the under-arms, and I think it provides a little unique touch to the set.

ICON

d4npYsb.jpg

This one I definitely like better than the other two simple because it was easier to balance out the colors, but it follows the same kind of design as the Association set.

STATEMENT

vT8dO3D.jpg

This one was purposefully kind of minimalist, and held off on the navy blue as a kind of nod to the past, while remaining a look to the future. It's a simplified form of the other two uniforms, keeping the same striping patterns, just using the lighter blue first and foremost, with yellow and red as highlights.

AIR MAX

R3fwdsS.png

And just for the hell of it, I decided to make some Air Maxes based on the Supreme x Nike x NBA (Jesus, what a mouthful) sneakers. It uses the Nuggets color palette, along with their logos and wordmarks sprinkled across the side of the shoe.

Well that's it! Keep in mind I'm relatively new to basketball design, so I'm not sure if these are sacrilegious or beautiful.

It's really good, and the color balance is awesome, but I really don't like not having a word mark on the front of the jersey. I don't like on alternates, so when the entire set is missing it, it really kinda ruins it for me. However, if you change that, it's an amazing set!

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

The side panels on the jerseys just don't work with the rest of the look. They abruptly stop at the shorts and aren't really necessary.

This

Also Should use the wordmarks too! Last thing is there are too many outlines on the mountain shorts. I’d also change the away shorts to yellow mountains because it seems they are going to use the yellow more then the red. Limit it to one outline like it is now 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I would add the wordmark to the white and navy sets and remove the side panel from all jerseys. The white set looks great color wise, so I would use that as the basis of the navy, with a white mountain trimmed in red, gold and light blue on navy shorts. I would swap the red for navy in your light blue set to throwback to the last color scheme, but otherwise, its a good look.

I'll speak up for the lack of wordmarks. The logo is evocative and does a better job of representing the team's identity than just the actual name does. Having said that, putting the same image on all three jerseys is a bit redundant, so I might suggest putting the wordmark on the alt, or even the "Mile High City" thing they actually went with.

On 6/12/2018 at 7:43 PM, Zeus89725 said:

As per the requests, here's my update.

UPEgNPy.jpg

ZuuRcuI.jpg

EeotcGw.jpg

This here is where the redesign should've gone.  I would just flop the Denver and Nuggets on the jerseys.  I know there aren't really home and away anymore, but there should be

Archived