Winnipeg Blues (MJHL) rebrand concept

72freebie

I've always enjoyed doing rebrands for my home province Manitoba Junior Hockey League. I have even have had the opportunity to design logos and uniforms to actually be worn in the league. Many of the teams have mediocre logos but one team has always stood out to me as the worst. The Winnipeg Blues current logo is a combination the the ST. Louis Blues current primary and wordmark logos. It's lazy and does nothing to make their brand stand out. I came up with something that is fairly original and is something that has potential. Personally I think it still looks a little awkward and would really appreciate some feedback on it. The logo is a double note instead of a single, with a W forming the main part of it. I have also done up a set of jerseys which each use a different color variant of the logo. I'd love to hear some feedback on this.TJTCpKJ.png

05fSXhA.png

ByyOfNw.png

here is the current logo

Winnipeg_South_Blues.jpg

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

What if you flipped the notes upside down? Right now the W is sort of interfering with the note heads and complicating things, and I think you'd be able to avoid that problem by moving the heads to the tops of the stems.

Guest darkpiranha

Neat, but I agree with the others that it's just one notch too complicated.  Even before Point1 suggested it, my first impression was I was seeing a butt with two feet.  One suggestion I have is to make it just one note shape instead of two, and make it bigger, so the W is the flag thingy on an eighth note (newsflash, I'm not a music person).

Here's one where I have to say that this idea sounded better on paper than it could ever have been executed.

What you could do is to take a single 32nd-note (that has three flags), with the note head on top facing to the right. The flags would then come from the bottom and face left. Those flags could somehow be converted to a "W".

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived