philcar1994

Canadian Elite Basketball League

The Canadian Elite Basketball League (CEBL) is a professional men’s basketball league expected to begin play in spring of 2019. Six teams were announced May 2, 2018, that will be owned and operated by ownership group Canadian Basketball Ventures. The league was formed as essentially a rival to the National Baskeball League of Canada (NBLC).

41876821425_5065fafd00_z.jpg

The centres announced as teams are Guelph, Hamilton, Niagara, Saskatoon, Edmonton & Fraser Valley (Abbotsford)

3 teams have announced their names and logos so far, one of them being a former NBLC franchise.

Niagara River Lions (Formerly of the NBLC)

27908533107_1bbb2f7478_z.jpg
27908532857_a3b62e28f9.jpg

Hamilton Honey Badgers

27908593237_820712dfb2_z.jpg

Guelph Nighthawks

27908532787_03433d81a6.jpg

The fact that a team in this league is from the other league doesn't show to much stability already.

Logos are ok for a lower division league but if this is meant to be a tier one league then they are dreadful.

Hamilton's is a bit too "friendly", Niagara is cool but just doesn't say "Niagara" to me, and Guelph just seems... generic and a bit boring? 

Niagara was in NBL Canada.  This is a summer league so I guess they're hoing to have dome NBLC players as well fue to being a Canadian league 

These look like Create-A-Team logos in an EA game.

18 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

These look like Create-A-Team logos in an EA game.

Never a good sign.

4 teams unveiled their uniforms this past week. League will be outfitted by New Era

Guelph Nighthawks

]46799260315_82fb6e5084_b.jpg

40749115133_b997ea1601_b.jpg

Fraser Valley Bandits

33838313428_c6e92ce257_b.jpg

46799260175_2db6f1df44_b.jpg

Edmonton Stingers

40749114903_f19c619d87_b.jpg

Saskatwechan Rattlers

40749116923_da8233ab48_b.jpg

33838315998_4a8c09b590_b.jpg

I like the Rattlers' shorts...and I'd probably like their jerseys if not for the big logo.  The combo of team name + number + big logo rarely works in basketball, as Fraser Valley and Edmonton also prove here.  If they really want their logos on the jerseys, I would've had a small one under the collar.

3 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

I like the Rattlers' shorts...and I'd probably like their jerseys if not for the big logo.  The combo of team name + number + big logo rarely works in basketball, as Fraser Valley and Edmonton also prove here.  If they really want their logos on the jerseys, I would've had a small one under the collar.

Seems like it will be a league wide thing. Rattlers uniforms are the best shown off so far

This is a Canadian summer league where they get Division 1 Canadian players, Pro players, and Canadian University (U Sports) players

I didn't expect to actually like the uniforms after seeing the brands but here we are

6 hours ago, raysox said:

I didn't expect to actually like the uniforms after seeing the brands but here we are

I didn’t either. Only thing I don’t like is the massive logo on the belly. Other than that, I like it. League was made to rival the NBLC and they already have a leg up on them by having a streamlined uniform brand