Unusual Team Branding Ideas

Mac the Knife

I'd rebrand the Bucks as the Brew City Hops.  "Hops" of course having the double meaning of a player who jumps high and one of the main ingredients in the adult beverage Milwaukee is most known for.  #FearTheDeer would easily become #FearTheBeer

Is Scrapple a MD thing too?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I once had an idea for a hockey team called the Baltimore Inferno. Does that count?

Given that Baltimore's not exactly somewhere I readily associate with heat, it's at least off-bubble.

The thought came to me when I envisioned a one-day rebrand of the Pittsburgh Pirates as the "Iron City RiverDancers."  Don't ask me where that idea came from, but I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of it.

nav-logo.png

On 6/14/2018 at 3:56 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

In keeping with the food theme sweeping the minors, I would re-brand the Tri-City ValleyCats as the Albany Steamed Hams.

uniforms_albany_steamed_hams.png

I did something like this in NHL 18, since starting with an expansion team lets makes you create a farm team to go with it; so, I gave Albany an AHL team again, the "Hams": 
0WMI2PM.png

If the NBA G League hops along the single game regional food branding train, I could see the Capital City Go-Go become the Capital City Mambo Sauce for a day. Of course they'd need to get the okay from the actual Capital City Mambo Sauce company first.

https://www.shopcapitalcity.com/

slider_8a119e7c-69ee-429b-a2f4-0e68519c9

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 6/14/2018 at 5:56 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

In keeping with the food theme sweeping the minors, I would re-brand the Tri-City ValleyCats as the Albany Steamed Hams.

Shouldn't the NOB be spelled Skiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnneeeeeeeerrrrrrr?

You call them steamed hams despite the fact that they are obviously grilled.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

As is common throughout the state, the "Six Flags over Texas" are proudly on display at the Alamo. That being the case, I'd opt for San Antonio's new Triple-A franchise to be dubbed the San Antonio Banderas.

The team's primary logo would be inspired by the reverse of the Seal of the State of Texas. The Alamo would be the centerpiece of the mark, with each of the "Six Flags over Texas" unfurled around the mission, baseball bats serving as the flagpoles to which the banderas are affixed. 

Each day of the week would see the San Antonio Banderas wear a different cap. Monday through Saturday, each cap would be adorned with the letters "SA" superimposed over one of the "Six Flags over Texas" flying from a baseball bat. Mondays would feature the Flag of Castile and León, which was used by Spain during its rule over much of Texas. Tuesdays would see either the Blue Capetian Flag or the standard of the French royal family used on the team's caps. Wednesdays would see the Flag of Mexico included in the cap logo. Thursdays would see the Flag of Texas adorn the cap logo. So called 'Federate Fridays, not without controversy, would see the first Flag of the Confederate States of America used in the cap logo. Saturdays would see "Old Glory" attain the position of honor in the Banderas' cap logo. 

On Sundays, the San Antonio Banderas would sport their "El Mariachi Alts", with a cap logo that features a cartoon depiction of the star of the films Desperado and Once Upon A Time in Mexico. Said logo would depict El Mariachi swinging his guitar like a baseball bat (think of something straddling the line between the old Nashville Sounds logo and today's Inland Empire 66ers mascot). 

?       

As part of the alt history project I'm working on, I toyed with having the New York Giants moving to Minnesota and rebranding as the Minneapolis Saints.

Ultimately, I decided on Twin Cities Giants because of the logo possibilities (Twin Giants!) and because I began to doubt a "glamour" franchise such as the Giants would ever jettison their history in Manhattan.

I know, but Twin Cities Giants was considered, and it made for more creativity.  After all, "Minneapolis Giants" means they just keep their home uniforms from New York, and adopt the Millers road grays.  Lame. ?

Archived