CCSLC Board Technical Issues

If you want people to use the search feature rather than start new topics, maybe make it so you don't have to wait a whole minute between searches if you want to fine-tune your criteria.  It's ridiculous.  Not only that, the last few times I've tried to use it, it tells me "wait 1 second before searching again" and then "wait 14 seconds" and then 11, then back to 14, which is it?

Are people really bogging down the system by searching too frequently?  

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 4/18/2020 at 5:03 PM, sportsherald said:

On the "mothership" logos site, one of the more interesting/entertaining parts is the comments section for each logo, which for years has been "powered by Disqus."  For several months, I have encountered an issue of those comments being hidden, replaced with "blog comments powered by Disqus."  Up until today, I had found the workaround had been to come here to the Forums side, log out, and then to log in again.   This brought the main site's comments section back.  Today, I have tried that repeatedly, but I still only see blog comments powered by Disqus

This is a serious problem regarding return traffic.  Without the comments, things can be pretty static on the main logos side...

Coincidence or not, the "new logos and random logos" section in the lower left, which usually rotates to other logos every few minutes, seems stuck on the same selection.  Yes, I have cleared my cache, with no improvement. 

I have tried everything I can think of, involving Disqus and this site, and I still cannot read the comments in the individual logos part of the main sportslogos.net site.  There has been no response here.  After close to ten years of contributing to this site on a nearly daily basis, I have had no choice lately but to give up trying.

I may check in in a year or so to see if you have fixed this.

• Like 2

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

I noticed the Disqus issue in the last month or 2 as well. It's super annoying because it was a good place to see corrections pointed out. I also would link to photos of the unis in action or if the years or uni pictured on here was incorrect. 

For an example, I noticed MLB.com has an article about the Tiger's 95 alternate today. I want to post the link and article for that uni on here, but because Disqus is not working now on the site, I am unable to. 

Hopefully this eventually gets addressed and fixed at some point. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

...never mind... for now....

Edited by BringBackTheVet

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now whenever I go to this site, a new tab opens up for this site:

https://dudepages.com/totally-awesome-randomness-35-photos/

It's been happening for a few days now, on both my laptop and desktop.  What the hell is wrong with this site?  It's literally the only site that I have technical issues with, whether it's log in, ads that take over my mobile screen, weird popups, and now these "dude pages" tabs that pop open.  Since these things happen on three separate devices, I feel it needs to be something with the ad devils that are being used, or something else goofy with this site.  

Now it's spawning multiple tabs.  I'll be on this site (with only this tab open), go away, come back, and multiple of those "dudepages" tabs will be open, all with stupid crap.

Again, multiple machines.

On 5/25/2020 at 7:59 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

It's been happening for a few days now, on both my laptop and desktop.  What the hell is wrong with this site?  It's literally the only site that I have technical issues with, whether it's log in, ads that take over my mobile screen, weird popups, and now these "dude pages" tabs that pop open.  Since these things happen on three separate devices, I feel it needs to be something with the ad devils that are being used, or something else goofy with this site.  

I've alerted Chris to the problem, and he will attempt to get to the bottom of it with the ad network.

If anyone else is having the same problem, please let me know either here or via PM.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 9:59 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

A very basic google search shows that it's a virus... So while it may have come from the ad network here, have you tried removing the virus (even if on multiple machines)?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

40 minutes ago, pollux said:

A very basic google search shows that it's a virus... So while it may have come from the ad network here, have you tried removing the virus (even if on multiple machines)?

Huh.  I assumed that since two machines, and only this site open, that the site was the culprit so I didn't pursue it further.  My bad.  Some not-basic googling pointed me to the Youtube for TV extension, which I have just deleted, so we'll see.  All the other removal procedures I've found seem very painful and invasive.  I'd imagine that it's not as simple as removing an extension, but fingers crossed.  There was nothing unexpected in running processes, regedit, add/remove programs, or any system directories.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 5:42 PM, sportsherald said:

I have tried everything I can think of, involving Disqus and this site, and I still cannot read the comments in the individual logos part of the main sportslogos.net site.  There has been no response here.  After close to ten years of contributing to this site on a nearly daily basis, I have had no choice lately but to give up trying.

I may check in in a year or so to see if you have fixed this.

Well, imagine my surprise when I went to the main site just now, and could actually read the comments posted for some logos!  I don't what changed (nothing did at my end), but thanks, I guess.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it that when I click on the new posts part of the Bucs thread, i'm sent to page 1? Did something get merged again? This is why it sucks -- I've got no idea if this is just a glitch, o if something I haven't actually read is mixed in there.

It's where I sit.

4 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Why is it that when I click on the new posts part of the Bucs thread, i'm sent to page 1? Did something get merged again? This is why it sucks -- I've got no idea if this is just a glitch, o if something I haven't actually read is mixed in there.

It was merged with the thread about Tom Brady's photoshoot in a Bucs uniform. Unfortunately the photoshoot thread title was kept by accident, and there was no way to split it back off again. The title of the thread was changed back to the unveiling one to try and maintain continuity.

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

It was merged with the thread about Tom Brady's photoshoot in a Bucs uniform. Unfortunately the photoshoot thread title was kept by accident, and there was no way to split it back off again. The title of the thread was changed back to the unveiling one to try and maintain continuity.

Ok. Mistakes like this are reasons to NOT do this at all.

It's where I sit.

Anyone else stop receiving notification emails from the forum? I haven’t gotten an email from the forum in several days despite several of the topics I follow receiving new content. I made sure my notification settings didn’t change and that I didn’t accidentally block the notification email account.

15 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Anyone else stop receiving notification emails from the forum? I haven’t gotten an email from the forum in several days despite several of the topics I follow receiving new content. I made sure my notification settings didn’t change and that I didn’t accidentally block the notification email account.

Have you checked your spam folder for the messages?

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

On 6/21/2020 at 8:38 AM, coco1997 said:

Any updates on this @CC97?

• 3 weeks later...

Today I tried to go to the Concepts section of the board and was clickjacked to a scam site that said I had performed the 5 billionth google search or some such stupid thing. Issues like this one used to be common here but it had been quite awhile since I had encountered one. Just wanted to let you all know. 

40 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Today I tried to go to the Concepts section of the board and was clickjacked to a scam site that said I had performed the 5 billionth google search or some such stupid thing. Issues like this one used to be common here but it had been quite awhile since I had encountered one. Just wanted to let you all know. 

If you still have the URL you were redirected to, or if it happens again, please report it at the link in this thread:

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.