LMU

CCSLC Board Technical Issues

To provide an update to a few issues...

*I just started the process of reindexing the board.  Hopefully that'll solve the issue with the search feature.  It'll take a while.

*The ad issues are being addressed.  I have no idea what the timeframe will be but the process has started.

Glad to hear the ad issues are being addressed. Hit a new low tonight. I would pay a couple bucks a month to not have to deal with this.

eYJk0ur.png

Hope I can do this fast enough, because my antivirus keeps blocking the site as a phishing attack, due to one of those full screen takeover ads that insists I'm eligible for a $1,000 Walmart gift card.

EDIT: Happened twice in the time it took me to type this.

Is The Lounge loading especially slow for anyone else? The other sub-forums load fine, but The Lounge takes a good 10 seconds.

42 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Is The Lounge loading especially slow for anyone else? The other sub-forums load fine, but The Lounge takes a good 10 seconds.

We've noticed that for a while.  Not sure what we can do about it.

One of the issues is that there's a board update that's been pending for a bit but can't be installed since it's incompatible with the current board configuration.  Chris is looking into how to  adapt it.

Per the release notes for that update, it's only compatible with boards that are configured for 2,500 or fewer ads per page, so a few dozen need to be cut out before it gets applied.

Yesterday, I began to notice a flag icon for reporting on all the top ad banners. I’d assume this is a new site feature?

EDIT

Edited by LMU
Item not to be promoted on the board.