CCSLC Board Technical Issues

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

It's still there.

z7VXfGt.png

Is there a way to add that back to the mobile version? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

12 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Is there a way to add that back to the mobile version? 

If you tap on the little speech bubbles icon EDIT: CCSLC logo to the left of each forum title on the home page, that will mark a forum as read.

Edited by officeglenn
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, CC97 said:

Not sure if it's a "everyone gets it or no one gets it" feature or if you can toggle it based on your own tastes, if you guys really don't like it I can disable

Its a nice feature, since I'm always wondering about which posts do the best in my threads, but like Spartacat and Magic Dynasty said, it just leaves a huge block of grey space on the side and makes things look squished to the left. 

Also if a dark mode was possible, I'd be down for that. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

29 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

Its a nice feature, since I'm always wondering about which posts do the best in my threads, but like Spartacat and Magic Dynasty said, it just leaves a huge block of grey space on the side and makes things look squished to the left. 

Also if a dark mode was possible, I'd be down for that. 

I love the feature, but like you guys I hate its placement. Unfortunately the software allows me to only place it to the right or to the left --- I'd like to see it at the bottom of the page, personally. Will disable for now and hope they improve placement options.

• Like 5

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

24 minutes ago, CC97 said:

I love the feature, but like you guys I hate its placement. Unfortunately the software allows me to only place it to the right or to the left --- I'd like to see it at the bottom of the page, personally. Will disable for now and hope they improve placement options.

Fun update, no option to disable it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Just noticed that the issue (on desktop) where you get signed out for no reason and get the error message when signing back in is still present  in this version.  Workaround is to click the banner and it seems to auto-sign back in.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also for some reason, some quoted posts appear as blue text on a black background.    It's the embedded quote that gets color flipped, not the original post that's quoted.  If I try to quote the post with the funky quote, it corrects it, so I can't post an example here.

The most recent example is this one:

EDIT: click on the first "NBA Changes 2020/21" and it'll take you to the post in question.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wasn't there an actual "edit" button before, instead of it being in the menu?  Or am I thinking of a different forum?  If it's available, an actual button for editing would be nice rather than it being in the "..." menu, but not a huge deal.

• Like 1

Just now, BBTV said:

Also for some reason, some quoted posts appear as blue text on a black background.    It's the embedded quote that gets color flipped, not the original post that's quoted.  If I try to quote the post with the funky quote, it corrects it, so I can't post an example here.

The most recent example is this one:

Honestly I've only seen that with that particular user. I think it may have to do with quoting while in a dark mode app, and the rich text is ported over instead of just plain text.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, officeglenn said:

Honestly I've only seen that with that particular user. I think it may have to do with quoting while in a dark mode app, and the rich text is ported over instead of just plain text.

"dark mode app"?  Didn't know there was apps for this.  I haven't paid attention to the user names to see if it's always the same person, but I that would make sense.

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Wasn't there an actual "edit" button before, instead of it being in the menu?  Or am I thinking of a different forum?  If it's available, an actual button for editing would be nice rather than it being in the "..." menu, but not a huge deal.

There was an edit button before.  Sadly, things like that are forced into the design by Invision and aren't something that we have any control over.

VmWIn6B.png

Not sure if this is something you can adjust, but I dislike how clicking on the title of a thread brings you to the newest post instead of the first one. I preferred when clicking the circle next to it would do that.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

52 minutes ago, QCS said:

Not sure if this is something you can adjust, but I dislike how clicking on the title of a thread brings you to the newest post instead of the first one. I preferred when clicking the circle next to it would do that.

I actually prefer going to the newest post. 

• Like 3

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

3 minutes ago, Jer15 said:

I actually prefer going to the newest post. 

Usually I go to the newest post, but if I'm trying to get to the first post of a thread, it feels like the title is the most obvious place for that. Besides, the circle next to unread threads did that anyway, so there were both options.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 minute ago, QCS said:

Usually I go to the newest post, but if I'm trying to get to the first post of a thread, it feels like the title is the most obvious place for that. Besides, the circle next to unread threads did that anyway, so there were both options.

I see where you are coming from for sure. Fair point. 

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

20 hours ago, QCS said:

I preferred when clicking the circle next to it would do that.

Wait, you can do that?

I've been on here for close to 5 years and I never knew that was a thing. That's so convenient. Thanks, lol.

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

On 5/19/2021 at 2:55 PM, Bruhammydude said:

I honestly kinda like this design over the previous one, I just wish their was a more accessible way to upload images from your computer

I've been going to my Imgur and selecting "Copy image" instead of copying the link because it just leaves the link instead of showing the picture like I prefer it to. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.