CCSLC Board Technical Issues

Ads have gotten a bit more aggressive but I understand the need so I am fine with them. Overall I like the update with everything I've messed with so far and the overall cosmetic appearance.  I will agree wish photo uploads were easier.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

If we allowed photo uploads you would be bombarded with even more ads because Chris would have to pay for the bandwidth to store everything.  It's pretty standard practice to host your own photos and just paste the direct URL.

• Like 3

VmWIn6B.png

Just now, LMU said:

If we allowed photo uploads you would be bombarded with even more ads because Chris would have to pay for the bandwidth to store everything.  It's pretty standard practice to host your own photos and just paste the direct URL.

IIRC, we had that feature for a while a few years ago and that's exactly what happened, so Chris had no choice but to turn it off.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

IIRC, we had that feature for a while a few years ago and that's exactly what happened, so Chris had no choice but to turn it off.

Correct, the server people upgraded to the next tier (with no warning!) and I got hit with a surprise bill from them

• Like 1

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Hrm.   The addition of the new box seems to have truncated the size of posts.   I'd attempted to cut down on the size of one of my signature image options to clear clutter and allow two on one line, but now one barely fits one and a third and the pixel art championships have been shrunk beyond legibility before I cut the amount down a bunch.   I was working on updates, but this formatting change may have made it kind of a moot point.

spacer.png

spacer.png

One thing I've noticed is that with the new fonts, italics don't really stand out like they're supposed to - at least on my screen.  There's been a couple times I've looked at a post and thought something looked odd, and then upon further inspection noticed that a word was italicized but didn't really look that way - at least not the way I'm used to.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

One thing I realized on the desktop version is that clicking on the "Last Page" button used to take you to the last unread post in that topic. Now it takes you to the top of the last page. Is there any way to fix that?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

7 hours ago, nash61 said:

One thing I realized on the desktop version is that clicking on the "Last Page" button used to take you to the last unread post in that topic. Now it takes you to the top of the last page. Is there any way to fix that?

Are you sure? What you are describing is how I thought it worked.

For example, if I haven't read 5 pages in the latest NHL updates thread, clicking the last page should take me to the last page, not the last post that I read.

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Are you sure? What you are describing is how I thought it worked.

For example, if I haven't read 5 pages in the latest NHL updates thread, clicking the last page should take me to the last page, not the last post that I read.

I agree with you @Sec19Row53.  To catchup where I left off, I usually click on the blue circle to the left of the thread topic and it takes me to the last read post/first unread post.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

It looks like the link back to the mothership from the boards hasn't migrated to the new board skin. Or am I missing it?

Good catch. Just added one in the top menu next to Browse - Activity - Leaderboard.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dont care said:

Looks like there is no way to spoiler tag on Mobil, anyway to fix that?

I think I've added the spoiler button to the toolbars at all sizes. Let me know if you're seeing it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So in this new format, how does one post a tweet and it shows up, without clicking on the link?

Paste the URL and it should automatically embed. 

That can be procured by clicking the share icon and selecting “copy link.”

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Forgive me if I'm asking an obvious question, but has the ability/process to post images changed?

Previously I was using the BBCode(forums) url on imgur and it automatically pasted the image. Now its just the link. Is there a new way we're supposed to add images now?

Thanks.

36 minutes ago, DukeofChutney said:

Forgive me if I'm asking an obvious question, but has the ability/process to post images changed?

Previously I was using the BBCode(forums) url on imgur and it automatically pasted the image. Now its just the link. Is there a new way we're supposed to add images now?

Thanks.

The image url should automatically embed.  I’ll test here shortly and check with the mods if something in the ACP needs toggled.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.