CCSLC Board Technical Issues

11 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Just testinghttps://imgur.com/7Ydzqm.jpgI

I'm not getting it to work either. I clicked copy link and pasted here. And eff this shading 🙂

Don't click the "Copy Link" button on imgur; that gives you a link to the gallery page. 

Right click on the image itself and select "Copy image address". It should end in .jpg, .png or some other raster file format. Paste that directly in the reply box.

I did that with 

https://i.imgur.com/mosizd5.png

and this was automatically embedded:

mosizd5.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DukeofChutney said:

Thanks. Given it a try, but it still just shows as the url and not the image.

13 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm not getting it to work either. I clicked copy link and pasted here. And eff this shading 🙂

Image pasting:

sXmLLON.gif

Twitter URL pasting:

AmOMrAU.gif

• Like 3
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

What is with the blackout around your words?

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

36 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What is with the blackout around your words?

It seems to happen when people paste things from a site on dark mode.

VmWIn6B.png

2 minutes ago, LMU said:

It seems to happen when people paste things from a site on dark mode.

I think it's the "Rich Text" pasting that's an issue.

PRO TIP:  When copy-pasting text, hold ctrl+shift+v (or cmd on macOS) to paste in plaintext.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The forum header for the General category of the boards reads 'forums_forum_68_desc'. I am pretty sure it used to read something like 'the official forum of the sports ecyclopedia'. Since it no longer is - why not give it a name or get rid of the description?

It's where I sit.

I'm still having the issue where I can't stay signed in on desktop.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

9 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

I'm still having the issue where I can't stay signed in on desktop.

Yeah and it's really weird if you have the ad-free version normally, because you'll be browsing the forums, then all of a sudden 400 ads pop up out of nowhere because you've been logged out for a second.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

27 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Yeah and it's really weird if you have the ad-free version normally, because you'll be browsing the forums, then all of a sudden 400 ads pop up out of nowhere because you've been logged out for a second.

Indeed.   Quickest workaround I’ve found for this is simply to tap the header to reload the forum and it signs me in. I don’t know why this bug exists, but I can live with it if all I have to do is press a button.  

• Like 1

twitter

3 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Indeed.   Quickest workaround I’ve found for this is simply to tap the header to reload the forum and it signs me in. I don’t know why this bug exists, but I can live with it if all I have to do is press a button.  

This is what I've been dealing with on mobile too.  I get signed out every once in a while but I click the sign in page, then reload the forum and I'm good to go.  SO it ends up not being a huge nuisance.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

yeah it's not the end of the world (that would be the new NFL number rule), but seems like something the Invision people would have either fixed or acknowledged.  

• Like 1

I just learned that if you scroll all the way to the bottom on desktop where it says "Theme," you can select "Default." It's the same basic look and feel, but ULTRA WIDE.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.