CCSLC Board Technical Issues

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I just learned that if you scroll all the way to the bottom on desktop where it says "Theme," you can select "Default." It's the same basic look and feel, but ULTRA WIDE.

neat something GIF

Though I wouldn't suggest using that theme if you're not on the ad-free version. The theme was already tweaked to be narrower so ads along the sides didn't run over board content.

• Like 1

Definitely don’t use it on Mobile. Avatars overlap things and you get into a horizontal scrolling situation in some cases. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

No more member titles?

Looks like reputation (see: total number of likes) has also been moved to a member’s profile, instead of below their avatar on a post. 

spacer.png

On 6/11/2021 at 10:43 AM, Crabcake said:

Looks like reputation (see: total number of likes) has also been moved to a member’s profile, instead of below their avatar on a post. 

Now it's back but at the bottom next to location and favorite logos. It's all condensed a little too much. The old placement was better, but it might still be a work in progress.

I have noticed that there are some banner ads popping up at the bottom of my page that don't go away when I click the 'x'. It is the darker shaded ones that get bigger in the middle like a trapezoid. This is preventing me from clicking the 'quote post(s)' button when using the multi-quote feature.

I'm having to constantly sign in, and it's getting old.  Mobile, desktop, etc.  Doesn't matter.  Every few hours at the most I'll need to manually sign in.  Hitting the button to reload the forum no longer works.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 6/15/2021 at 9:35 AM, CS85 said:

I'm having to constantly sign in, and it's getting old.  Mobile, desktop, etc.  Doesn't matter.  Every few hours at the most I'll need to manually sign in.  Hitting the button to reload the forum no longer works.

I turned off all email notifications and I'm still receiving a email notification every single time I log in normally, asking me if it's really me. It's gotten annoying.

Some of the site changes are an improvement, some of the changes really need to be fixed or returned to the way it was before.

4 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I turned off all email notifications and I'm still receiving a email notification every single time I log in normally, asking me if it's really me. It's gotten annoying.

Some of the site changes are an improvement, some of the changes really need to be fixed or returned to the way it was before.

Are you clearing/blocking cookies? I know everytime I clear my cookies/cache I have this happen on all sites I have checked "remember this device" on. It sounds like your browsers aren't saving cookies.

• 2 weeks later...

The notifications have never worked for me.  I always miss mentions.  I've checked my settings, and they're all good.  I just clicked on the little bell icon thingy and tried to check notification history and it even says that there's been none.  It's not a huge deal and I've lived with it forever, just wondering if there's some trick besides simply enabling them.  @BBTV 'at'ing myself just to test again.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Since Saturday, I need to re-log-in every time I use the forum on a different device.  For example, if I'm posting from in phone, I have to log in on the phone.  Then when I go to the laptop, I need to log in there.  If I go back to phone, I need to log in again.  

It's not the bug where you just click the banner and you're good - I'm literally being logged off any time I use a different device.  I use three devices, so that's a little annoying.  Anything anyone can think of that would cause this?

Note - up until Saturday, I hadn't had to log in using the email address for user name - I had just been logged in under my username forever.  I got a new phone on Saturday, so that was the first time I needed to log in using my email address, and that's when this issue started.

13 hours ago, BBTV said:

Since Saturday, I need to re-log-in every time I use the forum on a different device.  For example, if I'm posting from in phone, I have to log in on the phone.  Then when I go to the laptop, I need to log in there.  If I go back to phone, I need to log in again.  

It's not the bug where you just click the banner and you're good - I'm literally being logged off any time I use a different device.  I use three devices, so that's a little annoying.  Anything anyone can think of that would cause this?

Note - up until Saturday, I hadn't had to log in using the email address for user name - I had just been logged in under my username forever.  I got a new phone on Saturday, so that was the first time I needed to log in using my email address, and that's when this issue started.

I'm guessing your username and password is saved as the log in but in June it changed to being email being needed instead of username. 

Just a guess.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 hour ago, Jer15 said:

I'm guessing your username and password is saved as the log in but in June it changed to being email being needed instead of username. 

Just a guess.

That was correct, until Saturday.  I logged in using my email address on my phone, and was (understandably) logged out on my laptop and desktop.  I've since logged in to both with my email address (which is now what's saved), but am logged out any time I use a different device.

For example, I was just browsing on my phone, and am posting this from my desktop (which was logged in, until I logged in to my phone), and I had to log in again, even though my email was saved.

Is there a one-device limit now?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

That was correct, until Saturday.  I logged in using my email address on my phone, and was (understandably) logged out on my laptop and desktop.  I've since logged in to both with my email address (which is now what's saved), but am logged out any time I use a different device.

For example, I was just browsing on my phone, and am posting this from my desktop (which was logged in, until I logged in to my phone), and I had to log in again, even though my email was saved.

There hasn't been for me yet.

It's where I sit.

13 hours ago, BBTV said:

Gotcha!

I’ve had zero problems like that and I switch between phone, work computer and, home computer. So I doubt there’s a limit. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

15 hours ago, Jer15 said:

Gotcha!

I’ve had zero problems like that and I switch between phone, work computer and, home computer. So I doubt there’s a limit. 

I wonder what the issue could be.  Gonna try clearing cache on every device.  Just now, I got logged out of desktop, logged in, and was then almost instantly logged out of phone.  Signed back into phone and am now logged on in both places... but I bet I'm now signed out of my laptop.  I get that this makes it sound that I'm connected to this forum 24hrs a day on a lot of devices, but it's not like that (though my posting history might indicate otherwise.)

On another note, notifications started working all of a sudden, after not (ever) working... so that's good.

28 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I wonder what the issue could be.  Gonna try clearing cache on every device.  Just now, I got logged out of desktop, logged in, and was then almost instantly logged out of phone.  Signed back into phone and am now logged on in both places... but I bet I'm now signed out of my laptop.  I get that this makes it sound that I'm connected to this forum 24hrs a day on a lot of devices, but it's not like that (though my posting history might indicate otherwise.)

On another note, notifications started working all of a sudden, after not (ever) working... so that's good.

I've had that issue with sites like NFL Sunday Ticket and NBA League Pass and it's infuriating. But with those sites, I was mostly logging in via TV and that's the worst possible way to enter a password.

My way to solve that issue was canceling both of those services and doing streaming instead. I don't think there's a stream version of CCSLC.

EDIT: Also, the favicon for this forum is different than others. That's interesting, isn't it?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.