CCSLC Board Technical Issues

16 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

No problems for me. All the images loaded when I scrolled where they were supposed to be. 

No problems for me, either.

Don't you love IT troubleshooting??

It's where I sit.

OK, I guess it's on my end.  No idea what it could be.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BBTV said:

OK, I guess it's on my end.  No idea what it could be.

Probably not just your end, cuz stuff like this rarely is. Troubleshooting occasional issues is rough.

It's where I sit.

19 hours ago, BBTV said:

This thread is a good example.  All I see is "spacer.png" (go to last page, and see if they load for you)

Some of the images in that thread are super old and originally hosted in Photobucket which I haven’t used in years. That’s probably at least part of the problem.  I’ve been thinking about letting that thread die and restarting one without all the clutter. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Some of the images in that thread are super old and originally hosted in Photobucket which I haven’t used in years. That’s probably at least part of the problem.  I’ve been thinking about letting that thread die and restarting one without all the clutter. 

I'm referring specifically to the most recent ones.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So, Chrome decided to do a big red security popup when I tried to go to the most recent page of NFL Changes 2023:

Screenshot-2023-05-27-at-3-34-52-PM.png 

Once I go into details and manually go to the page anyway, it still has this up:

Screenshot-2023-05-27-at-3-28-03-PM.png 

As well as a little "dangerous" marker next to the address:

Screenshot-2023-05-27-at-3-30-31-PM.png 

It's nothing more than a nuisance right now, since I obviously know this site is safe, but yeah it's probably not great to have stuff like that come up. I don't know what, if anything, can be done, just thought I should make it known in case it wasn't already.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

53 minutes ago, PrimalCookie said:

So, Chrome decided to do a big red security popup when I tried to go to the most recent page of NFL Changes 2023:

Screenshot-2023-05-27-at-3-34-52-PM.png 

Once I go into details and manually go to the page anyway, it still has this up:

Screenshot-2023-05-27-at-3-28-03-PM.png 

As well as a little "dangerous" marker next to the address:

Screenshot-2023-05-27-at-3-30-31-PM.png 

It's nothing more than a nuisance right now, since I obviously know this site is safe, but yeah it's probably not great to have stuff like that come up. I don't know what, if anything, can be done, just thought I should make it known in case it wasn't already.

Just had the same happen (testing it to see if it would. I could scroll to the last unread post, but when I scrolled back up on that page, I got the same screen warning.

I'm guessing someone is posting photos from the jcrosby.net site. Could they be removed, please?

It's where I sit.

• 2 months later...
42 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Seems as though the site isn’t allowing embedded tweets posts from Twitter X

Theres a good chance that might be a Twitter/X restriction.  Elon has been doing stupid stuff like that so it wouldnt shock me.

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Seems as though the site isn’t allowing embedded tweets posts from Twitter X

If you copy a link and there's a ? in it, delete everything after the ?  That seems to give it a better chance of embedding, anyway.

I'm genuinely curious - where are "x.com/" links coming from?  Anything I see on a desktop browser or mobile is still "twitter.com/".

On 8/14/2023 at 8:57 PM, BBTV said:

I'm genuinely curious - where are "x.com/" links coming from?  Anything I see on a desktop browser or mobile is still "twitter.com/".

I think it depends on how it's shared. x.com seems to be somewhat of a veneer/parked URL overlaying twitter.com's extensive infrastructure. It's just for show. As soon as you click on an x.com link, it redirects to a twitter.com link. As others have pointed out, if a user were to just change the "x" to "twitter", it seems to work fine.

Yet another half-step/ill-advised degradation to Twitter's platform.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m on mobile and tried both methods of embedding with no luck. 

I'm still not sure how one even gets an x.com link.  I've shared from mobile and desktop, and the "share" or "copy link" has always resulted in a "twitter.com", not an "x.com".  Either way, I've successfully clicked on x.com links that are posted here, and simply clicked "share" from there, and it creates a "twitter.com" link that embeds. 

Editing the URL from x to twitter works too, but isn't practical on mobile, and requires taking it to notepad in between posting it on desktop (otherwise the auto-embed thing doesn't work).

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.