Creamer Concept World Cup 2018 - PLEASE SUBMIT

rsaline

RPckkRw.jpg

Are you super excited to watch soccer all morning like me? Are you kinda bummed that the US didn't make it but still enjoying world class talent? Do you have a hankering for making some international soccer concepts? Then you clicked on the right thread!

This is a reboot of a contest that was done for the 2014 World Cup, for those of you who are new. See these threads for inspiration: 

Individuals wishing to sign up for this years' edition will be randomly assigned to one of the 32 teams in the 8 groups of the World Cup. Designers will compete in a group stage with the best two concepts from each group continuing to the 16-team knockout round. From there, concepts will be pitted head to head in a single-elimination tournament to determine the champion, runner-up, and third place finishers. 

Once you are assigned a team, you will be responsible for creating:

• A new team crest 
  • A primary kit consisting of shirt, shorts, and socks
  • A clash kit consisting of shirt, shorts, and socks 
  • A scarf related to the team (can be one-sided or two-sided)

Although some designs may carry over from real life (checkers for Croatia, blue/white stripes for Argentina), everything you create should be your own. All of these items must fit on one image.

Now let's talk timing. If you are interested in participating, reply to this thread by Tuesday, June 19, 2018, at 11:59:59 PM PDT. The first 32 people to sign up will be guaranteed a spot. If there is more interest I will try to find a way to work you in - TBD. By Wednesday June 20, you will be assigned a team.

You will have until Sunday, July 1, 2018, at 11:59:59 PM PDT to submit your concept to me via PM or email (ryan.saline94+wc18@gmail.com ).

Voting for group stage will last 4 days, then each knockout round will last 2 days. This will give us a champion by July 13th-14th-ish. More details on voting will come after we have submissions collected. 

If you are interested, reply to sign up. If you have questions, reply to have them answered (hopefully).

P.S. I am signing up to fill slot 1

Rule amendments based on comments:

• Uniforms do not need to be on a flat template
  • Hand-drawn concepts are welcome
  • Your name will be posted to the concept and you may supply a short artistic description for your design
  • Additionally, the following additional elements are allowed on your submissions:

• Jersey details in callouts
    • Examples of full sets of numbers 
    • Mockups of jerseys on real players
    • Basically, if you see it on one of the submissions from the 2014 contest it's fair game

• You may use existing fonts or create your own

Update (6/20 PM): Team assignments are now posted in the table below and in this post

nKKUeRz.png

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to participate. 

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

It's been awhile since I've done soccer stuff. Count me in.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Sounds good, I'm in. Does the uniform need to be flat?

Nope! As long as it fits in one image.

4 hours ago, VikingsAiden said:

Are hand drawn concepts okay? If so, I'm in!

Absolutely!

Archived