Alaska-Anchorage Soccer Concept

KINGCHANCELLOR

A couple years back there was talk within the athletics department to scrap UAA's hockey team and replace them with soccer to stay compliant with NCAA DII standards. Alas, the hockey team was saved and we still don't have a college soccer team at UAA :( I thought I'd do a quick concept for UAA soccer kits, and maybe do some UAF kits in the future. C&C is appreciated!

yRXHwL6.jpg

Note: I feel like for the clash kit I should change the yellow to green to keep with consistency with the jersey? What do y'all think?

These are actually really good. The only nitpick would be to have the sleeve pattern on the clash be more sublimated like on the main, and not just white with yellow over it. Also, most collegiate soccer jerseys do not have sponsors, it's just a number.

Getting rid of hockey at Anchorage?  Blasphemy!

I love the northwestern art pattern on the shoulder yokes.  But college shirts don't usually have sponsors.  A school wordmark would go there, if anything.

4 hours ago, ECUFan25 said:

These are actually really good. The only nitpick would be to have the sleeve pattern on the clash be more sublimated like on the main, and not just white with yellow over it. Also, most collegiate soccer jerseys do not have sponsors, it's just a number.

4 hours ago, ECUFan25 said:

I actually didn't know about the sponsor on jerseys (goes to show how much I pay attention to college soccer lol). I could also rant on how much we really don't need the hockey team haha.

2 hours ago, tigers said:

I'd even go as far as having the pattern on one or the other to have a true home and clash.

Thanks for the suggestion! I re-did the clash kit to be different and not just the home kit but yellow 

yNZ3kjj.jpg

31 minutes ago, KINGCHANCELLOR said:

I actually didn't know about the sponsor on jerseys (goes to show how much I pay attention to college soccer lol). I could also rant on how much we really don't need the hockey team haha.

I like your updates, but I'm curious why you think that.

I went to a D1 school with soccer and believe me when I tell you that even a D2 hockey program competing at the D1 level is consistently a much more watchable product.  Even the higher level D1 soccer programs are (in general, of course) just athletes who weren't good enough to get into an international academy or a quality youth developmental program stateside.  What you'd be getting with a D2 program in Anchorage are players who were not only passed up by the academies and youth programs, but all the D1 schools, and probably also all the D2 schools playing in more soccer friendly climates.

I'm just an outsider, but Wisconsin never had a hockey team, so the Badgers were a huge deal to me.  I always looked forward to when they'd play Anchorage on because it was a treat to actually see a sports team from Alaska.  Without hockey, the university would lose the only reason many of us even know it exists. 

1 hour ago, KINGCHANCELLOR said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I re-did the clash kit to be different and not just the home kit but yellow 

yNZ3kjj.jpg

That's a great update.

Did you add the Northern Lights to the Clash?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

11 hours ago, NicDB said:

I like your updates, but I'm curious why you think that.

I went to a D1 school with soccer and believe me when I tell you that even a D2 hockey program competing at the D1 level is consistently a much more watchable product.  Even the higher level D1 soccer programs are (in general, of course) just athletes who weren't good enough to get into an international academy or a quality youth developmental program stateside.  What you'd be getting with a D2 program in Anchorage are players who were not only passed up by the academies and youth programs, but all the D1 schools, and probably also all the D2 schools playing in more soccer friendly climates.

I'm just an outsider, but Wisconsin never had a hockey team, so the Badgers were a huge deal to me.  I always looked forward to when they'd play Anchorage on because it was a treat to actually see a sports team from Alaska.  Without hockey, the university would lose the only reason many of us even know it exists. 

You're right that most outsiders would not know about college athletics in Alaska without hockey! In-state however, our hockey team hasn't been relevant since 1992 (we won 4 games this past season. 4!) Many of the people who were against the cut were people who didn't attend the games. Tbh the only reason any of the athletics programs were spared was that the NCAA wouldn't allow UA to dip below the 10-team minimum.

11 hours ago, tigers said:

That's a great update.

Did you add the Northern Lights to the Clash?

No actually, it was more like stars for the state flag, but I like the idea of a Northern Lights Clash

Archived