Bruins

Blandest Uniforms in Modern History

5 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

And yet both of these descriptions are exactly why I consider

...to be such a boring look: the Leafs had design elements that were part of their signature look...

leafs.jpg

...but then they replaced them with a generic, cut-paste "create-a-team" template.

The Leafs would look so much better if you put the new logo on these uniforms.

15 hours ago, rxmc89 said:

How are those bland?

The colour scheme is drab. Too many dark colours plus a logo representing the ownership at the time instead of the team name/sport element. 

22 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

. . . . . . . .  UkfhN2b.png

Thread should have ended here

Would these qualify as bland?  They're certainly empty looking but the piping and half-stripes just might push them from bland territory to retina searingly awful.

T6N2qUt.jpg

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Would these qualify as bland?  They're certainly empty looking but the piping and half-stripes just might push them from bland territory to retina searingly awful.

T6N2qUt.jpg

These are just bland. To me “retina searingly ugly” is something garish and eye catching in the wrong way, like the wild wing or Flying V jerseys. These are just boring with a really stupid pattern.

The Lightning have been bland personified in the Yzerman era.

do4X0Qz.jpg

8 hours ago, eRay said:

Taking "Bland" to mean 'devoid of strong or unique characteristics and therefore uninteresting'...

I'd say the most recent Phoenix Suns uniforms qualify, despite their unique color scheme. They just feel lifeless compared to the rest of their history.

636589980536785059-7.jpg

considering what their uniforms were before Nike took over, I'd agree with you for these being bland. It's such a generic NBA-Create-A-Team look.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.footballfanatics

Besides the shade of green there is nothing interesting about these at all. If they were red or blue or black they wouldn't get nearly the amount of love they do now. And the logo looks straight out of Create-A-Team.

5 hours ago, Morgo said:

T6N2qUt.jpg

I'd argue ugly.

This is bland.

fa9b_1_sbol_24f9e116-0569-44b3-a4a0-8886

4 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Besides the shade of green there is nothing interesting about these at all. If they were red or blue or black they wouldn't get nearly the amount of love they do now. And the logo looks straight out of Create-A-Team.

If these were red, had an extra black and white stripe on the hem, and the chain-stitched profile of a great chief on the front, they’d get much, much more love!

More so than any one team, I dislike the trend of downplaying secondary colors in baseball on road jerseys to the point that they're practically invisible on TV. Some examples: 

carlos-correa-yasiel-puig-bat-flip.jpg

indians-white-sox-baseball-35909-jpg.

Evan-Longoria.jpg

These are teams with good home and/or alt jerseys (yeah, I like the Rays' look) but the life is sucked right out of them on the road. 

Seems this quickly turned into the "post uniforms I don't particularly care for" thread, sans the first page. 

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

Image result for 2005 utah jazz

Forgot all about these (probably because they're so bland)...GREAT pick.

euorJDS.jpg

10 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

That look is amazing in comparison to what they were using before:

reebok-hockey-jersey-edge-replica-dallas

12 hours ago, the admiral said:

Image result for 2005 utah jazz

Those were bad but these sets did give us the blue alternatives which were far superior. They should've made a home and away uniform based on this.

Related image