Sorry Chris

Retromaniac

'Cause ya know, it's not like the Chinese government commits human rights atrocities nearly everyday, keep it's population under, and have more executions then all the other countries in the world combined. They most definatly deserve the Olympics.

Oh wait.....

But I'm with Braden....it makes property values way to high.

I noticed that your hometown of Toronto, Ontario was competing for the 2008 Olympic games. Sadly, Beijing won. Although Canada hasn't had an Olympics since the eighties, China hasn't had one at all. You have to give them a chance.

That was three years ago, we got over it.

I saw, I came, I left.

for 2012, its london, paris, new york city, moscow, and madrid

I do not think Moscow and Madrid are being considered fully. The prevailing opinions are that London, New York and Paris are the top three candidate cities with the eventual winner more than likely being either London or Paris.

I do not think Moscow and Madrid are being considered fully. The prevailing opinions are that London, New York and Paris are the top three candidate cities with the eventual winner more than likely being either London or Paris.

I think the only reason why New York is being considered is because NBC, who is paying a ton of money (I think more than any other station in the world) wants them there and well money talks.

I think the only reason why New York is being considered is because NBC, who is paying a ton of money (I think more than any other station in the world) wants them there and well money talks.

Somehow an expression of absolute shock is absent from face!

Remember the whole..not screwing it up so you are not banned thing?

why do you continue to bring up stuff that is old (retro or not) and start thread about things that have already been established?

youre going to start pissing people off soon...and trust me..after the last guy/girl...we don't need this right now on this board

Come, come, retro was explaining that Toronto was a finalist for the 2008 Games of the XXIX Olympiad, but was a loser in the final vote to Beijing. However, the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games is a great consolation prize for Canada.

As for the 2012 Games of the XXX Olympiad, if New York wins, don't be surprised to see Boston, Philadelphia and Washington, DC as the satellite sites for soccer games (both men's and women's) because of the stadiums there (Gilette Stadium in Foxboro/Boston, Lincoln Financial Field in Philly, and either FedEx Field or RFK Stadium in DC). Of course, Giant Stadium will be used for medal games and prelimanaries as well.olympic2.gif

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

It's funny the Olympics are something that nobody want in there hoe area. In the New York area no one wants the olympics to come. Except for bloomberg.

Here here man! dude, the last thing I need, is more congestion, more security tie-ups and more construction...let Paris or London have this thing...All Bloomberg wants to do is build his pet Stadium on the West Side...I think he hates Cablevision and Madison Square Garden so much, that he wants this stadium in the worst way. As much as I like the New York Jets playing in New York. this new stadium should be built in the outer boros..mainly Queens or The Bronx.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

All that I have read suggests Paris, Londoin and Madrid are the ones in the running. Noone in Europe seems to be mentioning New York at all! (I think maybe they are thinking no Arab type countries are gonna give it to NY, as much as anything else!)

I'd love it to be London but I think Paris is going to get it!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived