Coyotes Bring Back the Kachina as New Third Uniform

I’ve been seeing a lot of hate for the original colors and style of the jerseys. I’m in the camp thinking that the original kachina style can be blended with the modern colors. I stumbled across this beautiful concept and am wondering if it will appease both camps in this debate:CPM-ARZ(NHL_BrightsSeries).png

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Vitalogy26 said:

I’ve been seeing a lot of hate for the original colors and style of the jerseys. I’m in the camp thinking that the original kachina style can be blended with the modern colors. I stumbled across this beautiful concept and am wondering if it will appease both camps in this debate:CPM-ARZ(NHL_BrightsSeries).png

I can live with it if you can...minus that awful collar!

5 hours ago, Vitalogy26 said:

This was almost exactly what I was expecting. 

e60f0dca6d773188e9e343eb4e6819b5.jpg

It has returned....

Mark me down as being in favor of them returning to the Kachina full time. The howling Coyote is so bland and generic a mark that without context there's a sizable portion of this country that would have no clue what team it represents.

Love the Peyote Coyote as a 3rd uniform.  It's ugly, garish, over the top, and for 7-10 games (or however many games Phoenix is slated to play Sunday at home), they're beautiful.  I think as a full-time get-up they'd get old quick, but as a quirky, fun, change-of-pace, they're great.

With that said, I do agree that their primary home/away uniforms are bland.  They're thoroughly unoffensive, but bland.  They could use a splash of the character the Peyote Coyote has...just perhaps not *all* of its' character.  

I would kind of like to see a return to the kachina style full time, however with some upgrades.  Similar to what Vitalogy posted, but a little closer to the original.  I used Avi (OhioSportsMan61)'s recent Coyotes alternate prediction concept as the base and just recolored (he gave me the OK).  It's essentially the original design in just black, red, sand, and white.  

XoUAgmB.png

bl05Ivg.png

Is there some way to work teal or jade in there just for the full southwestern effect? Or what if the home sweater had the main colors reversed so the body was brick?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Glad these are back on a more permanent basis...only sour point is the removal of "Phoenix" from the shoulders, but I get.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I'm thinking teal/jade body, maintain the brick stripe in between the cream and black on the sleeves and hem, and maintain the brick jersey on the logo.

In person, I'd prefer it on black, but on ice I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE matching jersey/pants/helmet (especially when dark), therefore I like the brick body better between the two.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is there some way to work teal or jade in there just for the full southwestern effect? Or what if the home sweater had the main colors reversed so the body was brick?

I think turquoise is the word you’re going for here, at least for full southwestern effect… 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

11 hours ago, B-mer said:

I would kind of like to see a return to the kachina style full time, however with some upgrades.  Similar to what Vitalogy posted, but a little closer to the original.  I used Avi (OhioSportsMan61)'s recent Coyotes alternate prediction concept as the base and just recolored (he gave me the OK).  It's essentially the original design in just black, red, sand, and white.  

XoUAgmB.png

bl05Ivg.png

I really like these, too!! If they must have the black in their scheme, THIS is how they could execute it and make it look great!

2 hours ago, Mingjai said:

I think turquoise is the word you’re going for here, at least for full southwestern effect… 

Yep - that's it.

Archived