Coyotes Bring Back the Kachina as New Third Uniform

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone ever actually call it the Kachina?  I've been on these forums since 2004 and been part of dozens of Coyotes-related threads, and never heard that term until this throwback was unveiled.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

42 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Did anyone ever actually call it the Kachina?  I've been on these forums since 2004 and been part of dozens of Coyotes-related threads, and never heard that term until this throwback was unveiled.

Not representing my team well as I cannot quite recall when they started being affectionately referred to as the "Kachina" throwback...prior to the 2017/2018 season they've worn them occasionally but the term is used...best guess would be around 2014/2015 when they started using them again.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Search engine shows that it was used sporadically as early as 2003 but settled in as the preferred nomenclature by 2014-2015. I remember "Picasso Yote" getting a lot of use over the years. "Peyote Coyote" seems to be big on Reddit but I barely remember that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For some reason I remember that logo/those sweaters being referred to as "Picassoyote"...

...At any rate, I used to remember wanting so bad a Roenick #97 sweater back in my high school days. That, the first Colorado Avalanche sweater (of which I had one then), the black Calgary Flames third (which I also had), and the late 90s/early 2000 Washington Capitals sweaters (my all-time favorite sports uniform set, home away and alternate)--if the Caps ever bring those back, I may move some earth to cop one!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived