Refreshing the Colorado Rapids

SSmith48

It has been a while since I actually posted a concept on here, so let's do this.

2018 has been a bad year for the Rapids. Poor play, low attendance, and even a USOC exit at the hands of Nashville FC has defined a franchise who has struggled to impact an impact since its last MLS Cup title. Their brand is also tired and has been distanced from Arsenal, who they were a development team for. Their current crest is unnecessarily busy, and their brand has become less inspired, so I decided to bring the look back to a local focus. I wanted a more unique and streamlined look for a team the quite clearly needs it.

R3a0ukt.png

yhkqlqz.png

ianRUSi.png

The home kit features sleeves inspired by the striping of the Colorado flag. The burgundy shirt is paired with white shorts and burgundy socks.

pNt0oEC.png

The away kits is all blue, honoring past road kits. A sublimated wave pattern pays homage to the Rapids name.

gdjLKW4.png

The third kit is more reflective of current away kits. The yellow-blue-yellow ensemble features a yellow to blue gradient on the shirt and red trimmings.

4uerkCj.png

And here is some merch to end it off.

QjXBMUT.png

Thanks for viewing and C&C is very much appreciated. And here is to hoping that the Rapids will do something soon.

Nah, just kidding. Their season is over. 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

The stroke on the crest is inconsistent at its points. Two are pointy and four of them are rounded. Personally I think pointy looks better than rounded in this application. 

I also think the vertical spacing between the “RAPIDS”, the “C”wave, and the 1996 should be evened out and centered. 

Archived