SEC Cornhole League

HuntTheJones

So I just watched the (National?) Cornhole Championship on ESPN.  Players were wearing what looked like a loose fitting polo shirt as uniforms with whatever bottom of their choosing (Georgia had on jeans and boots, whereas Arkansas had on matching athletic shorts).  All team shirts were branded with a large Johnson logo across the chest (as they were the sponsor of the tournament, I guess?).  So it got me thinking, what if this thing really takes off?  What do we see as far as the uniforms go, especially for the SEC schools?  Which brought me to my concept.  A set of three "polo" tops for each school (Colors at Home, White on the Road), with the possibility of a "fauxback" here or there, brand sponsorship across the chest (think soccer jersey). For this concept, I would imagine that being a food or alcohol (I know, minors and alcohol, yada yada, but really isn't this how cornhole started, a drinking game?) and a school logo.  My only problem is, I am not knowledgable enough with each school to know local brands (or preferred local brands) so I'm asking for help as I go. 

I plan on using my SEC Super Conference Concept as the base for these teams, so don't be surprised if you see some new teams in here (if you haven't seen that concept).

Nonetheless, first team's up.

The Georgia Bulldogs

HslyCQY.png HslyXH3.png HslzjEM.png

I went back and forth on this one with the sponsor between Chick-fil-a, Waffle House, and Coca-Cola, with both being founded and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.  Ultimately I made my decision for solely personal reasons, and that being we never go to Athens for game weekends without it (or Waffle House actually).  I guess you could just say I liked the look (and the colors already go well. 

I plan on coming back through with possible cornhole board designs to go with these, but we will see how it goes.  Also, this is my call to action on suggestions for sponsorships.  Comment below with the suggestions and why! @Clintau24 I know I'd love some insight from you on Auburn.

C&C please!

spacer.png

Here's just a few (tentative) sponsors I had in mind so far (They don't necessarily have to be food or beverage):

LSU - Raising Cane's

Alabama - Golden Flake, or Coca-Cola

Ole Miss - Could have been Chick-fil-a (It's a Grove staple), or some bourbon brand. FedEx, or Ford.

Kentucky - Maker's Mark or Woodford Reserve (Some Kentucky Bourbon brand?)

Mississippi State - Mossy Oak

spacer.png

1 hour ago, HuntTheJones said:

Here's just a few (tentative) sponsors I had in mind so far (They don't necessarily have to be food or beverage):

LSU - Raising Cane's

Ole Miss - Could have been Chick-fil-a (It's a Grove staple), or some bourbon brand. FedEx, or Ford.

Gatorade for Florida.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, HuntTheJones said:

LSU - Raising Cane's

KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza Hut for Kentucky since Yum! Foods is in Louisville.

4 hours ago, HuntTheJones said:

LSU - Raising Cane's

I'd suggest Woodford Reserve if you want to go bourbon brand, but Lexmark might be a better choice, as Lexmark is located directly in Lexington (where UK's campus is).  Perhaps even 5/3 bank who has the largest building downtown.  (Hey, guess who lives in Lexington?)

Absolutely don't do any YUM! Brands, though.  They're in Louisville and Louisville is UK's in-state rival.  

Overall, cool idea on the cornhole league.  Cornhole is a massive staple at SEC tailgates.  

1 hour ago, 1908_Cubs said:

I'd suggest Woodford Reserve if you want to go bourbon brand, but Lexmark might be a better choice, as Lexmark is located directly in Lexington (where UK's campus is).  Perhaps even 5/3 bank who has the largest building downtown.  (Hey, guess who lives in Lexington?)

Absolutely don't do any YUM! Brands, though.  They're in Louisville and Louisville is UK's in-state rival.  

Overall, cool idea on the cornhole league.  Cornhole is a massive staple at SEC tailgates.  

Lexmark is a great suggestion! (Guess who lives in Lex too)

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

For Auburn, you can go a few ways.

Yellawood is owned by an alum and Board of Trustees member. They have sponsorship banners a lot of places on the athletic fields.

Image result for yellawood

Tim Cook from Apple is an Auburn alum as well. That connection hasn't been utilized as much as it could, though.

I think Chicken Salad Chick would be a very good unexpected choice as well. Based in Auburn and run by an alum.

Chicken Salad Chick logo.png

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived