MLB:PCSFG58: Minnesota Twins 4/10/2021

Htown1141

On 9/6/2017 at 8:46 AM, Htown1141 said:

yessir. Got a series comin' up for these bad bois.

Welp, that took a while.

It's come to my attention that out of the 3 people who only post baseball stuff (Looking at you @coco1997 and @Carolingian Steamroller), the titular character of this series seems to be the one everyone gushes over. For example, this is my personal belief of what would happen if all of us were to meet up:

Spoiler

NMlAzlp.png

Anyways......

Because I'm petty, I would like to say I'm going to be the best proverbial Mario Kart ghost by making POUND FOR POUND the best concepts this board has EVER seen! Believe me, folks, when I say it's gonna be the best, its going to be the BEST.

Okay, maybe not. I'm not all that put together and I think I just gonna do this in the laziest way possible, but I'm not sure yet. I'm going to try really hard to make this better than everything else I've done before. 

Also some notes before we jump in:

I WILL NOT do a part 2 like @SFGiants58 did, as I just don't want to.

I WILL NOT change the divisions or add teams like @SFGiants58 did, as I just don't want to. (This one I may change, as I think Montreal could get the h-town treatment)

I WILL make fun of people. I think. Maybe. I'm afraid I'll be mean and get banned for a week

I WILL be going out of order, as I have some stuff already saved.

I WILL finish this series if this is the last thing I do.

and lastly, I MAY add in depth analysis for why I made my concepts the way I did.

AND WE'RE OFF!

National League East

New York Mets

Washington Nationals

Florida Marlins

Atlanta Braves (here's the sports fan fiction thing)

Philadelphia Phillies

National League West

Los Angeles Dodgers

Arizona Diamondbacks

Colorado Rockies (V.2) (V.3 Purple)

San Diego Padres

San Francisco Giants

National League Central

Chicago Cubs

Pittsburgh Pirates

St. Louis Cardinals

Houston Astros

Cincinnati Reds

American League East

Baltimore Orioles

New York Yankees

Boston Red Sox

Toronto Blue Jays

Tampa Bay Rays

American League West

Texas Rangers

Kansas City Royals

Seattle Mariners

Oakland Athletics

Anaheim Angels

American League Central

Chicago White Sox

Cleveland Indians

Milwaukee Brewers

Minnesota Twins

Detroit Tigers

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houston Astros

The 'A' thing is a tribute to the NASA logo's red thing. For the colors, I felt like the whole set needed some sort of facelift to incorporate red and yellow into the scheme further. I also had original plans for the home and away uniforms to mimic the '89 to '93 sets, but I felt like the sleeve stripes were enough to bring the red and yellow into the scheme without them overpowering the orange elsewhere in the set. Also, fun fact about the 89 to 93 away uniforms: They were actually used starting in 1980, and the tequila sunrise uniforms were only the home uniforms from '80 to '85. I would like to thank the guys in the authentic shop at Minute Maid for alerting me to that little secret. Also also, @CC97, idk if you care, but that may be something that would be good to verify and maybe update. I'm not sure.

I1RW0Z6.png

Navy and orange on gray looks like a melancholic face, so Houston will have no gray uniform

NlkwWHe.png

Sorry I didn't use the actual Tequila Sunrise, I just love patterns

NKPvpge.png

Oh, and just to get this extra thing out of the way, yes I will put the swoosh on the front of the jersey, in the expected instance that Nike becomes the official MLB uniform supplier. I don't necessarily like it there, either, and I won't put it on throwback uniforms, because unlike SOME PEOPLE, I respect uniforms and the concept of authenticity.

• Htown1141 changed the title to MLB: Project Chasing SFGiants58

Well, imitation is definitely the sincerest form of flattery. ;)

While chasing @SFGiants58 is a futile endeavor, I have to admit this is a really nice Astros concept. You have my attention, and I look forward to following along.

EDIT: A few suggestions: Add white outlines to the wordmark and numbers on the orange alt for consistency with the other jerseys and use the sleeve patch you used on the home and road (the primary logo with the sunrise colors). 

6 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Well, imitation is definitely the sincerest form of flattery. ;)

While chasing @SFGiants58 is a futile endeavor, I have to admit this is a really nice Astros concept. You have my attention, and I look forward to following along.

EDIT: A few suggestions: Add white outlines to the wordmark and numbers on the orange alt for consistency with the other jerseys and use the sleeve patch you used on the home and road (the primary logo with the sunrise colors). 

I actually had a version similar to what you suggested, but scrapped it early on. I wanted to add more white, but the whole idea was to just emphasize the orange to an extreme extent and adding a white outline would mean you would need to add white everywhere else to keep it balanced.

JhOT7qN.png

I'd be curious to see two other versions of the Tequila Sunrise jersey:

• One with a white star (makes more sense than a navy blue star)
  • One with your sans serif H over the cap logo star, to make it a slightly more authentic fauxback...

And maybe a gray away jersey with only orange (no navy trim) would work?

Regardless of my suggestions, everything already looks really amazing! I love the font; it's perfect for the Astros!

San Diego Padres

When working on my San Diego logo project last year, as well as over time on the boards, I've grown accustomed to the consistent bickering about the colors of the team and which era to pull from for a concept. My original idea was to blow up the identity once again and disregard every previous period in Padres history, because that would actually just so happen to fit in to their history, but ultimately I ended up with recreating (or creating something similar to) their current wordmark for a few reasons. Firstly, I like it (duh), and second, it fits relatively well with their current iteration of their interlocking SD logo. I wanted something that would appeal to everyone by creating a clean, but not too clean look that can hopefully satisfy all of the color combinations your heart could desire.

cXE4JIi.png

For the home and away sets, I wanted to stay traditional and made sure to reference the padres uniform history to see if there was anything that I could pull for my own purposes (someone put this together, I think I found it from someone's signature here on the boards, but this database should exist for all major league teams. Period.) It's simple, but still has its own flair to it that makes it scream "Padres" in my eyes. i primarily based these off of the 74-77 home designs, the striping anyways, but inverted the brown and gold to more accurately reflect the importance of each color.

orzVufF.png

For the alternates, I decided the best way to appeal to the lowest common denominator I mean normies I mean :censored:ing dumbasses I mean those with different opinions than me was to avoid my favorite scheme for the padres (2016's blue and gold) and go for the brown/orange/yellow scheme used in the home run derby for the home alternate, and blue/orange scheme of the Tony Gwynn era for the away alternate. As much as I hate to admit it, they turned out kinda nice actually, and I'm almost sorta proud of myself for making this work. I never wanted to go for the full throwback on these jerseys, as I just couldn't help myself with this gorgeous typeface I will brag about for the rest of my life, but I felt that I captured the essence of the eras they were based off.

3vk1EQC.png

Also, for the sleeve patches, they're meant to not have the words. Essentially, it's a partial logo that I didn't feel like putting into the logosheet.

• Htown1141 changed the title to MLB: Project Chasing SFGiants58 (San Diego posted! 2/30)
3 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

San Diego Padres

When working on my San Diego logo project last year, as well as over time on the boards, I've grown accustomed to the consistent bickering about the colors of the team and which era to pull from for a concept. My original idea was to blow up the identity once again and disregard every previous period in Padres history, because that would actually just so happen to fit in to their history

Any chance we could get a "trust your instincts" version?

46 minutes ago, the admiral said:

No it isn't. It's related to Christianity, but the cross is the symbol of Christianity.

I think this is different because it’s a building with a cross on it, not just a cross.

Excellent!

Archived