MLB:PCSFG58: Minnesota Twins 4/10/2021

Htown1141

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/11/2018 at 7:56 PM, Htown1141 said:

Wahington Nationals: Return of the Bevel

Okay, so when I was talking to my girlfriend, I was ranting about sports logos (as you do to your girlfriend, who in turn will rant about something she finds fascinating), and I eventually got around to talking about the Washington Nationals. This discussion also talked encompassed the messy and really really dumb history of Washington baseball, and it occurred to me that nothing like this has happened in professional sports. 4 different teams, all using 2 names, yet none sharing a history or pulling a Browns. They have, however, shared logos. The Curly W has always been at the top of my list to reinvent; for example, in that previously mentioned discussion, I showed her the current W and we both remarked that it looked similar to Walgreen's. Doesn't mean it's bad, I just feel like it could maybe look, a little more unique. Therefore, I reintroduced the bevel with an updated 2005 script, along with a slightly different primary (mainly the scroll thing) and made a new W.

pJUiUB8.png

Home and away was pretty simple. It is a combination of their current striping pattern and their 2005-2010 look.

fwHVmbM.png

The alternates were more fun. 

When I was going through the old Nationals/Senators uniforms for a potential throwback, I stumbled upon the 1956-1958 set that Uni-Watch made a column about, the one with the 3-d numbers. I named the set the "Damn Yankees" set, as something similar was featured in the Broadway play/movie Damn Yankees! The other alternate is red, because I like the nationals being a red dominant team.

pUDYggP.png

the drop shadow for the retro is fuego. 

Hey y’all,

so pardon me, but I’m having trouble on this logo, ya see. I’d love to get a full brand and identity out to you guys some time soon, and while my presentation setup is a little weird right now, I figure I should at least ask for y’alls opinion in what color I should do the actual Rockies concept to be in. I’ve provided the triceratops logo in both Colorado colors and the actual Rockies colors. Note that the face may be subject to change if I can find a better way to work on the perspective, as of right now it looks a little wonky. Any advice to give for the logo and colors?

lX2Hnr0.pnguNLtmsN.png

I would recommend going with the "Colorado" colors over purple/black/silver. Concerning the perspective, I would maybe shorten up the left side so that the triceratops' eye line is a bit more obvious. Something like this concept would work:

dribbble_stags_00.png

See how the antlers appear in the image? This is the approach I would recommend for the triceratops' horn/back of head. I'd lower the head/"camera" angle to match what you want from the image.

I actually prefer the Rockies scheme for the triceratops. And I also like the rocky feel to the dinosaur, but the face definitely needs to be cleaned up. I can’t quite tell where the eyes and nose are...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

The face definitely needs work, and it wouldn’t hurt to see the rest of the legs and how the feet are positioned. Pay attention to the deer image and how the eye rests exactly in between the two horns. So move your top two horns to the right. Also get rid of most of what’s to the left of the beak—he shouldn’t have that much cheek showing if his beak is in a profile position like that.

@SFGiants58@CaptainKirkMNThanks for the feedback! I ended up scrapping the face and just going a completely different route. I'm still not completely sold on the concept yet, but I'm feeling more confident as time goes on. I also have another question for y'all. Should I go on the right or left? Ultimately, I think that's going to help me decide what the striping is going to be, so cast your vote wisely. Also, @appleclock, I originally had a wack foot setup, but I think that it looks a lot better now. Thanks for mentioning it, or i wouldn't have given it a second thought :P 

W8tuu37.png

1 minute ago, Htown1141 said:

@SFGiants58@CaptainKirkMNThanks for the feedback! I ended up scrapping the face and just going a completely different route. I'm still not completely sold on the concept yet, but I'm feeling more confident as time goes on. I also have another question for y'all. Should I go on the right or left? Ultimately, I think that's going to help me decide what the striping is going to be, so cast your vote wisely. Also, @appleclock, I originally had a wack foot setup, but I think that it looks a lot better now. Thanks for mentioning it, or i wouldn't have given it a second thought :P 

W8tuu37.png

Triceratops head is gooooood! Glad you went profile instead of 3/4 view.  Honestly I’m not sure about the legs though... I kinda think that they had bigger bodies/shorter legs than that. Showing a lot of hip in the hind legs, and no shoulder in the front legs. A little awkward still, especially when cut off by the wordmark. As for the rainbow idea... I think I’d leave that to the Nuggets. That’s their thing, not the Rockies’.

15 minutes ago, appleclock said:

Triceratops head is gooooood! Glad you went profile instead of 3/4 view.  Honestly I’m not sure about the legs though... I kinda think that they had bigger bodies/shorter legs than that. Showing a lot of hip in the hind legs, and no shoulder in the front legs. A little awkward still, especially when cut off by the wordmark. As for the rainbow idea... I think I’d leave that to the Nuggets. That’s their thing, not the Rockies’.

For the legs, I kinda went longer than correct because I feel like at least from a visual perspective, it's weird to see fat ol' stubby legged dinosaur as a professional sports mascot, hence the longer legs and a more straightened back compared to a "slouching" triceratops. I will end up going back probably to see what I can do to make the triceratops more anatomically correct, but right now I made this quick fix to make him have more of a shoulder. Thoughts?

wEpmj2M.png

Archived