MLB:PCSFG58: Minnesota Twins 4/10/2021

Htown1141

What is this Sports Fan Fiction board you speak of?  I'm getting old, I've never been there, and my awareness aint where it used to be ☠️

Seriously, you know you've made it (normal version) when there's an entire project dedicated to outdoing you.  And I know I'm losing it when I try something new and people call it either retro or dull :ninja:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm diggin' the legit Braves concept (even though I don't like their royal/red look), especially your feather stripes. I thoroughly enjoy what you did with the "Fan Fiction section" set. The board needs a good trolling and lampooning every once in a while, which you are providing pretty well. Just make sure to do a parody of one of the "omnibus posts" that I do and offer up at least one crappy recoloring that totally wrecks the look of a logo (e.g., red/kelly Red Sox, recoloring the current Marlins in teal/black/silver because MUH NINDIES, etc.). please.

On 5/20/2018 at 2:36 PM, Htown1141 said:

Y'all know how the Marlins had an infinitely superior marlin as their primary but used a dumb one on their hats n' stuff? I fixed that.

That's basically all you need to know for this one. I'll make a second version of this set with more "Warm Red C" (smh these dumb lipstick names are the same as nike colors and normal pantones) but for now, enjoy this uber teal Marlins concept.

fT4GHAc.png

Home and away were pretty simple, I just had to emphasize teal while trying to maintain black as a large enough color for the first alternate. Original ideas were VERY pinstripe heavy but I ended up keeping it to just the home uniform. I like the Florida in the style of the Marlins script, so I'm keeping that the way it is.

3zZJnwJ.png

Here are the alternates. I originally was gonna go vested for one of them, but I need to refine the vest template that I have (thank you SF) and I will be on my way to making a new logo for the Nationals (I made a new W but I want something as a secondary logo, any suggestions?)

pGG6n4O.png

Up next on the Disney Channel is a recolor of this don't get too excited.

• Htown1141 changed the title to MLB: Project Chasing SFGiants58 (Florida posted! 5/30)

Is your Marlins concept just a lazy recolor of their original unis? Yes.

Does it matter? :censored: no! The more the Marlins went away from teal, the more it was a downgrade. You did the exact opposite and it looks awesome!

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

You know, I used to hate the Marlins teal and black, but absence makes the heart grow fonder. Great job on the new "M" logo. 

Technically they are all new logos, as I used the superior marlin in each of them, compared to the one always seen on caps and jersey logos. It was probably the most time consuming thing I've done in a LONG time, if I'm being honest.

here's the recolor. I don't want to waste valuable space on my computer for uniforms.

YmQQPEB.png

You're welcome SF

Also:

2 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

I think teal and silver are too light to be next to one another. They just bleed together.

Here are the home uniform with no teal and silver touching, but I think the rest of the uniform is fine.

xuLJgyM.png

I do like those updated Marlins homes better.

As far as the Blue Jays, it feels like change for the sake of change.  And I wish you would have kept the bird (and only the bird) blue on your all reds.

8 minutes ago, NicDB said:

I do like those updated Marlins homes better.

As far as the Blue Jays, it feels like change for the sake of change.  And I wish you would have kept the bird (and only the bird) blue on your all reds.

there are only 2 blues and 1 red. But you're right, it's change for the sake of change. I'm trying to have a different logo for every team, but also make it good 

Florida Mk. I: I like going all-in with teal and using the primary logo marlin. The home uniform without silver is markedly better.

Florida Mk. II: It’s better than I thought it would be! I was worried that the recolor would be a teal/black/silver recolor of the current look (which really doesn’t work, IMHO), but you managed to do something far more inspired.

Toronto: I like how you’ve gone for the added shades of blue and the maple leaf. It’s a happy medium between their current look and the mess of the Black Jays. The logo doesn’t really need the “connector” between the back feathers and the beak, but that’s a minor issue (which means somebody will turn it into a MAJOR issue on the Sports Logos section). Well done!

Wahington Nationals: Return of the Bevel

Okay, so when I was talking to my girlfriend, I was ranting about sports logos (as you do to your girlfriend, who in turn will rant about something she finds fascinating), and I eventually got around to talking about the Washington Nationals. This discussion also talked encompassed the messy and really really dumb history of Washington baseball, and it occurred to me that nothing like this has happened in professional sports. 4 different teams, all using 2 names, yet none sharing a history or pulling a Browns. They have, however, shared logos. The Curly W has always been at the top of my list to reinvent; for example, in that previously mentioned discussion, I showed her the current W and we both remarked that it looked similar to Walgreen's. Doesn't mean it's bad, I just feel like it could maybe look, a little more unique. Therefore, I reintroduced the bevel with an updated 2005 script, along with a slightly different primary (mainly the scroll thing) and made a new W.

pJUiUB8.png

Home and away was pretty simple. It is a combination of their current striping pattern and their 2005-2010 look.

fwHVmbM.png

The alternates were more fun. 

When I was going through the old Nationals/Senators uniforms for a potential throwback, I stumbled upon the 1956-1958 set that Uni-Watch made a column about, the one with the 3-d numbers. I named the set the "Damn Yankees" set, as something similar was featured in the Broadway play/movie Damn Yankees! The other alternate is red, because I like the nationals being a red dominant team.

pUDYggP.png

• Htown1141 changed the title to MLB: Project Chasing SFGiants58 (Washington DC posted! 7/30)

Archived