MLB:PCSFG58: Minnesota Twins 4/10/2021

Htown1141

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

RANDOM DROP:

"You got a man, know what I do to ya mans?
No I ain't shootin' the hands, took an L, I ain't took one again
Crashed the 'Rari so I hopped in the Benz"

-Lil Tecca, Did It Again

So I went with the top left, everything else I think is better and/or updated.

Ml0OHYJ.png

Home and away are just changed a lil bit, added mountains to the sleeves

lbciaH3.png

the alts get the biggest facelift. I did a cool thing to the alternate hat, and the state alternate gets a complete makeover. 

Ww8Nxcx.png

These are my first baseball uniforms in months, please lmk if these are better, worse, or on the same par with the real life 2020 MLB updates.

15 hours ago, Jake3.roo said:

These look fantastic but I agree with the people who like the purple color scheme better. With the font looking a lot like the nuggets', and the red/yellow dynamic especially feels out of place.

I agree with @Jake3.roo. They look neat but there are too many red/blue teams. Purple is very rare in professional sports.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

• 5 months later...
On 12/8/2019 at 10:13 PM, Jake3.roo said:

These look fantastic but I agree with the people who like the purple color scheme better. With the font looking a lot like the nuggets', and the red/yellow dynamic especially feels out of place.

On 12/9/2019 at 1:27 PM, Eastport76 said:

I agree with @Jake3.roo. They look neat but there are too many red/blue teams. Purple is very rare in professional sports.

I mean yeah. The problem with working with purple is that unless you minimize it to the extent that the Rockies has, it looks really dumb when it's not the darkest color in your set. And if you don't pick the right shade of purple (especially when you're running a 3 color look for the Rockies, such as myself) it can be tricky. I will try nonetheless.

vaBKlqG.png

Got rid of the drop shadow, because there was no need for it and I think the font can stand on its own.

KpXGLeN.png

On 5/10/2020 at 12:48 PM, Krz said:

This was one of my favorite series, welcome back!

Glad to hear that! I'm hopefully going to be working on this more frequently over the summer, but that's what I said last summer.

Cincinnati Reds: I don't really know what I should title this

So the Reds are weird. I didn't want to use their old creepy baseball mustache guy, so I made a new dude. Yeah I know he's generic, I just made him and figured he'd work in a concept with a pretty generic history of uniforms. I like to think he'll be used in promotional materials and web based applications, similar to the Colts' new "C-Indiana" logo. He was kinda sorta not really inspired by @Sport's  batter man logo on dribbble, and I think that if y'all ask me to revise it that I will probably go in a more cartoony vibe like that one. He is also wearing 82 because that's when the club was founded.

My main goal was to shy away from Black altogether, as they A) haven't won anything in it, and as far as I can tell B) the fanbase seems either indifferent to or not into it. However, I didn't want to shy away from the Brandiose influence from 2006 too much, as I genuinely think their number font is a top-5 in baseball, possibly even the best. I'm serious!

The problem, however, comes with the standard block font on the current Reds primary logo. I wanted it gone, but I didn't know what to replace it with. I toyed with a standard Wishbone-C by itself (weak) and just slapping on the Brandiose font (too tall), so I settled on a modified version of the mark and used it as a replacement. Its always on a red background, as optically it looks more appropriately spaced.

Y0FqLgh.png

The home uniform was easy money. I've never been a fan of placket striping and instead opted for a more direct homage to the Big Red Machine days of the 70's, however I decided to use the update marks. There's something to the simpliticty of this set that I really like, and I think it's emphasized on the home set. I was originally going to go with a colored away uniform set, but personally, the non-expansion teams should wear grey on the road (except the White Sox, Orioles, Twins, and maybe the Tigers). I felt like it needed white because grey is never a team's official color and thus acts acts a sort of canvas for the look to go upon. The white helps differentiate between that canvas and the uniform itself (plus it just looks nice).

Mk2Uv65.png

The thing that stopped me from posting this for so long were the alternates. I couldn't think of what to do, but ended up selecting essentially an updated version of the 1919 uniforms to help tie in all eras of Reds history. I decided against a throwback on the second uniform, as I personally wanted to have a both home and road alternate for the second uniform (and because there was no colored uniform in the set), so I decided to use the updated wordmark and arch it the way I did on the away jersey. I think it could work for both home and away, let me know in the comments.

40AK99G.png

That's all I got for y'all today! Please be sure to leave a critique or comment or whatever and I'll be sure to mock it up for y'all

The Reds are fantastic! The primaries are simply beautiful. I applaud your use of white on the road as well, I agree that the uniform should act as a canvas for the design to go on. The 1919 throwback is also great, that white cap works so much better than it probably should. However, the red set is my favorite in the entire set. It looks a lot like the Hiroshima Toyo Carp's road jersey, which is also red over white (it even uses the wishbone C).

spacer.png

This is far and away my favorite baseball jersey of all time, but if that red Reds jersey was real it would replace it. Simply spectacular. 

On a somewhat related note, what color do you think the O's should use for a colored road jersey? I'd like to see an orange over white jersey with the Orioles script. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

The Reds look great! I love the choice to go with a modified version of the Brandoise font, it looks great when it’s a bit shortened. The alternates are also great variations to go with. The only critique I would say is that I would miss Mr. Redleg, I’d love to see your take on maybe updating him to be less “creepy.” Great work overall though, glad to see this back!

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Once again, it's been a minute.

Here we are (finally) with Minnesota. This is sorta rough, but I wanted to kinda go through each of my decisions the best I can and then eventually post a logosheet like the other teams so far.

-This is a custom made, realistically inspired evolution of the baseball uniform. One thing that's always bothered me about baseball jerseys specifically is how loose they are. While some of you might claim it's for the purposes of player movement, modern stretchable fabrics allow for tighter, more form fitting uniforms that allow for an equal, if not better, range of motion. To increase this dynamic flexibility, I have made the sleeves substantially shorter (think Roger Maris short), while the back of the jersey and under the arms feature holes for breathability, similar to how the Vapor Untouchable football template features seamless perforations, as well. The pants are also shortened, mainly because of personal preference but also to better reflect the trends of athletics clothing and the need for flexible, and aesthetically pleasing clothes that make the person wearing it look good. Perfprations are also added to the back of the pants on the hamstrings, and an extra seam denotes the knee area to help protect against exposed kneecaps. Baseball needs a uniform that reflects the athleticism that its players posses, and Nike is specifically the corporation to mess around and push baseball into the future.

- I went with a sorta-retro-inspired look while trying to retain the elements of the most memorable Twins teams, and I think I did an okay job at that. Incorporating the new T into the TC monogram was a must for me, as well as using that wordmark (shown off in the previous post) on the home jersey. I omitted the overly complex, cartoony "two-guys-shaking-hands-over-a-river-even-though-there-is-a-whole-ass-bridge-behind-them" logo, for all of those reasons. The number font is custom and VERY open to change, was I'm not 100% with how it looks right now.

- I feel the need to mention that the bull :censored: "City whatever" uniforms (I can't remember what it's called and don't care atm) seriously impacted how I went about the construction of the uniform set. The use of light blue on the hat squatchee and as a drop shadow where Gold would normally be used is inspired by Minnesota's "Land of 10,000 Lakes" moniker, and the texture of the away uniform is meant to invoke the view from above onto a lake.
qaHYGAB.png

As always: C&C appreciated, and I'll be trying to incorporate as many suggestions as I can.

Definitely a fan of the updated wordmark; it's an excellent combination of the current and retro scripts and it fits nicely with the Minnesota script.

Also I really like the custom numbers! They feel much more suited to the Twins than the MLB standard block font, and work really well with the rest of the set.

The logo is nicer than the previous ball logo by a longshot, though I'd point out that the interaction of the white outline of the stem of the T and the white outline of the ball is kinda bothering me. Also it's way too big on the sleeve if you're going with these tiny sleeves (which I'm personally not too keen on.)

I like the powder blue squatchee to match the increase of the color, but I think the dominance of red on the road jersey calls for a red-brimmed cap. You might consider switching the script colors around if you prefer a blue-only cap.

Finally, I know the Paul & Minnie logo is really clunky so I get why you're ditching it but I feel like there really ought to some logo reference to Minnesota... Maybe a logo of just the river and bridge or something? Not really your fault, TBH.

Good work!

Archived